News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

ITT: TGRR helps you with your personals ads.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 08, 2011, 06:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

This is entirely too :vom: ...I quit.
Thanks for showing me my troll limits, guys.  :horrormirth:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

One thing I've learned about dating is that no matter what you put in your ad, there will be several much-older guys who think they can somehow trick you into sleeping with them even though they're very specifically NOT what you asked for.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Lulz, YES. On my real account (which very specifically says "not looking for dating/sex), I just got a message from a fifty one year old man asking to be my sugar daddy.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 13, 2011, 09:56:03 PM
Lulz, YES. On my real account (which very specifically says "not looking for dating/sex), I just got a message from a fifty one year old man asking to be my sugar daddy.

SO GROSS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

I know, right? :lulz: I'm going to troll him into the ground, though.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Pæs

Quote from: Nigel on November 13, 2011, 04:29:55 AM
Currently I have your Prince William Sound/Exxon Valdez ad in there, but for

I worked that into a question about roleplay, because it was MAGIC.

Juana

Roger's personal ad magic strikes again! (though on my actual account, not the crazy Sleepytiem one) I'm reconsidering my this-is-not-for-dating thing for this guy (he said he IS there for that, but I sounded too cool to pass up because I'm not looking for it and he sounded pleasingly regretful that I wasn't) - cute, very well educated, employed, matches my social and political conscious fairly well, and our hobbies line up nicely. :D

Freeky

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 14, 2011, 07:34:56 AM
Roger's personal ad magic strikes again! (though on my actual account, not the crazy Sleepytiem one) I'm reconsidering my this-is-not-for-dating thing for this guy (he said he IS there for that, but I sounded too cool to pass up because I'm not looking for it and he sounded pleasingly regretful that I wasn't) - cute, very well educated, employed, matches my social and political conscious fairly well, and our hobbies line up nicely. :D

SCIENCE! ?

Juana

I'm thinking about keeping him, so not yet. He's kind of naive from all appearances (despite being like five years my senior and having gone to a fucking Ivy League school - you think he'd be at least little jaded after that), so I'd have to be gentle at first.

Freeky

Good luck with him, chicka.  Try not to let him get away, if you like him, because I think his kind (saying that your first impression is correct) are Limited Edition, now.

Cain

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 14, 2011, 07:49:09 AM
I'm thinking about keeping him, so not yet. He's kind of naive from all appearances (despite being like five years my senior and having gone to a fucking Ivy League school - you think he'd be at least little jaded after that), so I'd have to be gentle at first.

Actually, the Ivy League school thing screams naitivety to me.  No-one is more naive than a graduate of Harvard, for example, except a graduate from Yale. 

Juana

Quote from: Cain on November 14, 2011, 07:59:25 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 14, 2011, 07:49:09 AM

Actually, the Ivy League school thing screams naitivety to me.  No-one is more naive than a graduate of Harvard, for example, except a graduate from Yale. 
Than I will have to educate him. He's in for a rude awakening anyway, since he wants to work in the fucking Fresno prosecutor's office (what the hell is he doing here anyway?).

Quote from: Science me, babby on November 14, 2011, 07:59:02 AM
Good luck with him, chicka.  Try not to let him get away, if you like him, because I think his kind (saying that your first impression is correct) are Limited Edition, now.
Oh yeah. I'm reserving total judgement until (if) we actually met up in person, but I think I may want to keep him.

Cain

Are you sure he just doesn't want to met your only local celebrity, the War Nerd?

Juana

Who? Unless you mean Victor Davis Hanson, who lives in LA now, I can't think of anyone else you might mean. Because our only other local celeb is one of the weather guys on a local station.

Cain

I cannot believe you are not aware of Fresno's only claim to actual fame (as opposed to infamy, in the case of VD Hanson)

http://exiledonline.com/cat/war-nerd/
http://exile.ru/articles/list.php?IBLOCK_ID=35&SECTION_ID=156
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Brecher

He's the exact opposite of V.D. Hanson (with whom he had a hilarious spat, back in 2005 or so).  He's genuinely funny, not at all pompous and, while he is a hardware nerd at heart, realises it is people, not weapons, that win wars in this modern age.