Author Topic: News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System  (Read 89469 times)

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
Re: News Stories Which Highlight the Structure of the System
« Reply #810 on: September 13, 2019, 12:58:38 am »
Also, I refuse to click to verify this, but he's apparently wearing an Iron Cross in his most recent video.

The Johnny

• did nots
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 13, 2019, 01:11:25 am »

Close, but not quite?
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

nullified

• Literal Helminthic Infestation
  • Outlandish
  • CAUTION: Eats all of it. May be spooky. Keep out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 13, 2019, 02:35:14 am »
That’s MORE than close enough.
“I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me.”

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 13, 2019, 10:46:45 am »
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty close. Also apparently not his first time wearing it.

For fun, one of the first things that comes up when you search Iron Cross is...the ADL's database of hate symbols.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 13, 2019, 11:00:13 am »
https://twitter.com/cute_lukey/status/1083466656830144512?lang=en

Its the same stupid Hoodie he has been wearing since his trip to japan where he is on video buying it

He literally went on reddit and said "which charity should I give money to" and they posted that, then after the video other people flooded in saying the ADL have the following problems, you should have been more careful choosing a group that persecute palestine bla bla. Should have just gone to oxfam or children in need or something.

His fans fucking around with the charity is definitely the alt-right, but I feel sorry for him for this one, because once again I think he is retarded more than anything else
Narrator: In time you will know the tragic extent of my failings

May you find your worth in the waking world.

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 13, 2019, 01:05:31 pm »
I would generally agree with that assessment but that he's so overly solicitous of his alt-right fanbase on so many occasions, time and time again is I think significant.

On the other hand, "attractive to someone who is effectively brain-damaged" sounds about right for the alt-right. After all, Tila Tequila (who literally suffered brain damage during surgery) is a big fan of their ideas. And Hitler.

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 13, 2019, 02:46:23 pm »
PewdiePie I don't think is attracted to their ideas though, he is attracted to their clicks, their subs and the attention that brings. He is a complete narcissist who plays down how much his view and sub count means to him but then will go out of his way to farm drama (from other youtubers as well as controversy).
That said he comes across as genuinely horrified at being invoked at the Christchurch shooting and stopped the "subscribe to pewdiepie" meme
Narrator: In time you will know the tragic extent of my failings

May you find your worth in the waking world.

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 13, 2019, 04:30:18 pm »

That said he comes across as genuinely horrified at being invoked at the Christchurch shooting and stopped the "subscribe to pewdiepie" meme

I don't think he actually cared at all.
Morrissey is the crown prince of sad.  He teaches us that deaf/mute girls are terrible at telling you that a disaster is occurring, and that when you get famous, all your old friends hate you for buying new tee shirts.  Morrissey fans are best known for hugging their legs and biting their knees in the shower, over a girl that dumped them rather than learn their name, or binge-eating an entire pizza and then throwing it up on their man-boobs in the bath tub, while they squeeze their  testicles until they remember that they are worthless and do not deserve love.

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 14, 2019, 03:18:47 am »

I don't think he actually cared at all.

Pretty sure he cared a lot about the possible loss of revenue.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

• Technically-Oriented & Horribly Mobile Crecy of Crab Lice.
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: September 14, 2019, 03:20:49 am »
The thing is that runs directly counter to what training and their editors tell them to do.

Journalists are told they need to create a narrative out of events, because if they just deliver facts, or even deliver a boring but factual analysis, people don't like it.

There needs to be some kind of regulation on this. Like a law saying that if they create a narrative they wouldn't be legally allowed to call it news without also having a big disclaimer informing the viewer that it's a bunch of bullshit

Fox found the loophole decades ago. It's "entertainment" not news. That's part of the reason they can spout nonsense and not get sued every half hour.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Fujikoma

• Saikyō cabbage
  • Outlandish
  • Pheremone Octopi of Spiked Intrusion
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 13, 2019, 08:19:09 pm »
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/2019/10/12/watch-video-shows-fort-worth-police-officer-fatally-shoot-woman-inside-her-home/

And people wonder why the Black Lives Matter movement exists... maybe because of shit like this. Sucks but it seems being black is punishable by death in this country, no judge, no jury.

Bu☆ns

• █ ▀█ ▀ █ ▀█▄ ▀█
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: Today at 02:49:27 am »
"I will not negotiate a delay with the EU and neither does the law compel me to do so," he told parliament. "I will tell our friends and colleagues in the EU exactly what I have told everyone else in the last 88 days that I have served as prime minister: that further delay would be bad for this country, bad for the European Union and bad for democracy."

So b-job is doing the dog-whistles now?