News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

DAILY REMINDER: YOU SHARE YOUR AIR WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 21, 2012, 02:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on February 23, 2012, 09:18:14 PM
The food was pretty good though, right?

Hahaaaaa that whole site is wonderful! Check out the "gel cooking" section :D

Also maybe this clip makes you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGvOYo8gS7Y

He is a really nice guy that sings about wanting to share a shower with a girl named Marlous. Who is the girl on his shirt, not the girl you see in the video though she doesn't seem to mind.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 26, 2012, 07:27:41 PM
Quote from: Precious Moments Zalgo on February 23, 2012, 09:18:14 PM
The food was pretty good though, right?

Hahaaaaa that whole site is wonderful! Check out the "gel cooking" section :D

Also maybe this clip makes you feel better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGvOYo8gS7Y

He is a really nice guy that sings about wanting to share a shower with a girl named Marlous. Who is the girl on his shirt, not the girl you see in the video though she doesn't seem to mind.

I love that video.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Seriously, I am listening to it again. That's how much I love it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

It's pretty great, indeed :) It's an actual Dutch genre of music, a bit of a cross between German Schlager and silly carnaval music called "Pirate Music", because only unofficial pirate radio stations ever play it. And it's all they ever play. I don't really understand, you have an illegal AM radio setup and you can blast whatever into the air, you'd expect to hear all sorts of different and crazy stuff right? But no, Dutch pirate radio stations play exclusively "Pirate Music". I really don't know why but it's hilarious and at least they don't have commercials.

Except of course Pirate Music is not only made by mentally challenged people. It's just that Rinus really loves this music and he's usually at the front row of Pirate Music festivals (no I've never been to any--but maybe I should, just to see) so he got kind of famous in that "scene". The Marlous and Romana (link below) that he sings about are in fact female Dutch artists in this genre (who at least one of them I saw in an interview thinks what Rinus is doing is really awesome as well).

Anyway he made more songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHEFbX81XWQ

And HuffPo even wrote an article on him:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/rinus-and-romana-chill-on_n_896947.html

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 26, 2012, 10:09:38 PM
It's pretty great, indeed :) It's an actual Dutch genre of music, a bit of a cross between German Schlager and silly carnaval music called "Pirate Music", because only unofficial pirate radio stations ever play it. And it's all they ever play. I don't really understand, you have an illegal AM radio setup and you can blast whatever into the air, you'd expect to hear all sorts of different and crazy stuff right? But no, Dutch pirate radio stations play exclusively "Pirate Music". I really don't know why but it's hilarious and at least they don't have commercials.

Except of course Pirate Music is not only made by mentally challenged people. It's just that Rinus really loves this music and he's usually at the front row of Pirate Music festivals (no I've never been to any--but maybe I should, just to see) so he got kind of famous in that "scene". The Marlous and Romana (link below) that he sings about are in fact female Dutch artists in this genre (who at least one of them I saw in an interview thinks what Rinus is doing is really awesome as well).

Anyway he made more songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHEFbX81XWQ

And HuffPo even wrote an article on him:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/13/rinus-and-romana-chill-on_n_896947.html

OMG THIS IS AMAZING

We do not have anything in the US that even comes close to corresponding with this. It is FANTASTIC!

Triple Zero

Well, Dutch Pirate music ... there's a LOT to discover :lulz:

Also the vinyl covers of the oldies can be quite creepy and hilarious occasionally.

Of course there's many people that actually appreciate it, but for me it sits firmly in the "so bad it's good" category, and I mainly listen it when in the car driving through areas that tend to broadcast this pirate stuff :)

Some of the lyrics can be quite fucking creepy too, I remember hearing one that was basically about "that guy", the old somewhat alcoholic man at the corner pub, meeting this girl he knew from when she was just a kid and he's being all creepy about "now you're a woman" and how he sees her with all different eyes and :vom: Which is still amazing in its badness (I mean, just imagine this with the same type of musical score as you just heard), just more from a horrormirthy perspective.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 26, 2012, 11:24:21 PM
Well, Dutch Pirate music ... there's a LOT to discover :lulz:

Also the vinyl covers of the oldies can be quite creepy and hilarious occasionally.

Of course there's many people that actually appreciate it, but for me it sits firmly in the "so bad it's good" category, and I mainly listen it when in the car driving through areas that tend to broadcast this pirate stuff :)

Some of the lyrics can be quite fucking creepy too, I remember hearing one that was basically about "that guy", the old somewhat alcoholic man at the corner pub, meeting this girl he knew from when she was just a kid and he's being all creepy about "now you're a woman" and how he sees her with all different eyes and :vom: Which is still amazing in its badness (I mean, just imagine this with the same type of musical score as you just heard), just more from a horrormirthy perspective.

:lulz: Holy crap! I need to hear more of this stuff.