News:

It's like that horrible screech you get when the microphone is positioned too close to a speaker, only with cops.

Main Menu

How most men, even good caring men, have no clue what women go through

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, September 06, 2012, 10:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Luna

Quote from: Alty on September 06, 2012, 08:05:19 PM
See, now if this was an altercation between two men most people would recognize the other is bullying and being a total dick. Yet with women it's just the way you do things, apparently.

A lot of guys just don't realize that they aren't the first one's to try and talk to them about what is probably eventually sex. The trouble is, if you give women enough breathing room they're as eager for sex as anyone else.

But when you step out of your door to get the mail and someone offers you pork pie, and then you go down to the gym and someone offers you pork pie, and your boss subtly offers you pork pie for lunch, and you get an offer for pork pie when you pick your car up from the shop, you damned well don't want any god damned pork pie when you get off of work. It doesn't matter if you like pork pie or not.

Thanks, Alty, I love this post.

I'll take it a bit further, though...  It's not just that I'm being offered something, it's the goddamn attitude that I should be GRATEFUL that it's being offered, should drop whatever it is I'm doing to avidly pursue it, and how DARE I let such a golden opportunity pass by? 

Shit, I've gotten THAT bullshit attitude from guys I KNOW.  (This sort of bullshit removes you from my friend list...  If you're my buddy, and I'm currently unattached, a polite pass is a compliment, even if I'm not interested, and I'll do my damned best not to crush your ego when I turn you down...  but, get pissy about it and act like I OWED you anything because you took time out of your busy schedule to hit me up, then fuck you very much, get lost.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Luna on September 06, 2012, 08:28:28 PM
See, now if this was an altercation between two men most people would recognize the other is bullying and being a total dick. Yet with women it's just the way you do things, apparently.

A lot of guys just don't realize that they aren't the first one's to try and talk to them about what is probably eventually sex. The trouble is, if you give women enough breathing room they're as eager for sex as anyone else.

But when you step out of your door to get the mail and someone offers you pork pie, and then you go down to the gym and someone offers you pork pie, and your boss subtly offers you pork pie for lunch, and you get an offer for pork pie when you pick your car up from the shop, you damned well don't want any god damned pork pie when you get off of work. It doesn't matter if you like pork pie or not.

I'll take it a bit further, though...  It's not just that I'm being offered something, it's the goddamn attitude that I should be GRATEFUL that it's being offered, should drop whatever it is I'm doing to avidly pursue it, and how DARE I let such a golden opportunity pass by? 

Shit, I've gotten THAT bullshit attitude from guys I KNOW.  (This sort of bullshit removes you from my friend list...  If you're my buddy, and I'm currently unattached, a polite pass is a compliment, even if I'm not interested, and I'll do my damned best not to crush your ego when I turn you down...  but, get pissy about it and act like I OWED you anything because you took time out of your busy schedule to hit me up, then fuck you very much, get lost.)

There's also the idea that all pork pies are interchangable.

We usually have a PARTICULAR pork pie in mind. We might even be on our way to GET some awesome and succulent pork pie. Doesn't mean we want to be bothered with some flyblown McPorkpie on the way.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Luna on September 06, 2012, 08:28:28 PM

Women: you're not supposed to actually want sex, you fucking whore, but by God you'd better be grateful when sex is offered to you, you fucking bitch.

(Insert massive, only partially on-topic thread about "friendzoning" here.)
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Juana

Because women/females are like vending machines and kindness coins get you laid.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Verbal Mike

Except sometimes the coin-slot is a bit too tight and you have to use a meanness coin to even be able to insert your kindness coin. (cf. "negging")
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

It's like I said...Everyone wants to be adored, but they want to be adored by the people they adore.  These people are not interchangeable.

That's why "the friend" exists, as Nigel has said (in a different way).
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 06, 2012, 06:54:46 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 06, 2012, 01:54:31 PM
I dunno, I get what she's saying but really, I'd get harrassed like that too on the LA Metro.
Sure, but not quite in the same way. If you're reading and indicate no interest in the person trying to talk to you, they'd probably back off, yeah? Women/females can't bank on that.

Nope. I've had plenty of yahoos who push the conversation. TBH, I think that lumping this sort of thing under the blanket of feminism is doing feminism a disservice. This is just another piece of evidence that humans are largely ignorant shitheads regardless of gender. And before anyone trots out the "yeah, but it's SCARY when it happens to me!" trope, I've got $5 that says that if you break down the statistics of who gets assaulted by men on public transit and cross-reference with percentage of ridership by gender, you'll find that I'm WAY WAY WAY more likely to be physically assaulted by some jerkoff on the bus/train/whatever than you are.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Juana

Sure, men get harassed and assaulted by weirdos on public transport. Why? What are they expecting of you? Are they after your wallet or your phone number? Are they groping you? Do they follow you when you get off the train/bus/etc.?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Juana

Absolutely. If it's the same reasons why, then, yes, you'd be correct. But I don't think they are the same reasons.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 07, 2012, 05:34:22 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 06, 2012, 06:54:46 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 06, 2012, 01:54:31 PM
I dunno, I get what she's saying but really, I'd get harrassed like that too on the LA Metro.
Sure, but not quite in the same way. If you're reading and indicate no interest in the person trying to talk to you, they'd probably back off, yeah? Women/females can't bank on that.

Nope. I've had plenty of yahoos who push the conversation. TBH, I think that lumping this sort of thing under the blanket of feminism is doing feminism a disservice. This is just another piece of evidence that humans are largely ignorant shitheads regardless of gender. And before anyone trots out the "yeah, but it's SCARY when it happens to me!" trope, I've got $5 that says that if you break down the statistics of who gets assaulted by men on public transit and cross-reference with percentage of ridership by gender, you'll find that I'm WAY WAY WAY more likely to be physically assaulted by some jerkoff on the bus/train/whatever than you are.

Oh, well if you say it's not relevant to feminism...
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman