News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Twid's spiritual exploration thingie.

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, June 27, 2013, 06:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 22, 2013, 06:16:37 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 22, 2013, 05:48:34 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 21, 2013, 06:16:39 PM
Quote from: hirley0 on November 21, 2013, 04:32:21 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 21, 2013, 03:19:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 20, 2013, 07:31:11 AM
This is a few days later but uh. I actually had a religious experience praying to Jewish God. I've been having some difficulty processing it. I'm still not sure how to process it. And it's not like I've been a particularly good Jew in the interim. I mean, hell, I throw Kosher out the window whenever Villager's cooking. It was just kinda weird. Will have to science more, I guess.

Shirley? i should AVoid this
/-/owever here is my take on this
.1 i espouse the 1 electron theory of 1
2: it Was they Who attempted2 but failed in my AssAsInNation
&3 then '69 & Now On going. I still exist | so boo2'M

As4 the chase | i get board. see | tbc} 8:32-

Jews do feel that they are much closer to God as his "chosen ones" over other faiths, even though Christians and Muslims do share the same creator. So this is actually not the first time I've heard someone Jewish say that God does in fact, speak back to them. If you do end up parsing what he said, remember it's for you and you alone. You don't have to share it with the rest of class.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,34353.msg1313779.html#msg1313779 8:44:45

I  think we talked about the 1 electron theory on key880 around 1991 or so, didn't we?

It's been around that long?!

Since before my mother was born, actually. It's not a serious theory though, just a fun mindgame.

It is. Not an easy one to wrap your head around though.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 22, 2013, 06:20:23 AM
This is a few days later but uh. I actually had a religious experience praying to Jewish God. I've been having some difficulty processing it. I'm still not sure how to process it. And it's not like I've been a particularly good Jew in the interim. I mean, hell, I throw Kosher out the window whenever Villager's cooking. It was just kinda weird. Will have to science more, I guess.

Jews do feel that they are much closer to God as his "chosen ones" over other faiths, even though Christians and Muslims do share the same creator. So this is actually not the first time I've heard someone Jewish say that God does in fact, speak back to them. If you do end up parsing what he said, remember it's for you and you alone. You don't have to share it with the rest of class.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,34353.msg1313779.html#msg1313779 8:44:45

I  think we talked about the 1 electron theory on key880 around 1991 or so, didn't we?

Since before my mother was born, actually. It's not a serious theory though, just a fun mindgame.

What am I missing? It's just the idea that all electrons are the same electron, right? And that spin depends on whether its moving forward or backward through time?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 22, 2013, 11:34:04 PM

What am I missing? It's just the idea that all electrons are the same electron, right? And that spin depends on whether its moving forward or backward through time?

You're not really missing anything, other than my unwillingness to suspend my disbelief long enough to see how this one lonely electron in the universe ends up being in multiple orbits around multiple atoms throughout all of time. Or the random thought about what about positrons, does the one lonely positron time travel less than the electron?

It's basically like being the one guy in a group of people watching Doctor Who and going, "this shit is retarded and makes no sense."

LMNO

can someone link me to the most basic postulate of this?  because from the face of it, it sounds like crap.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 23, 2013, 03:02:59 AM
can someone link me to the most basic postulate of this?  because from the face of it, it sounds like crap.

It is. It was a thought experiment. Let me see if I can find it.

Nephew Twiddleton

I saw an article further going into why it's crap and just a thought experiment, but here's the gist of it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

Nephew Twiddleton

Quite honestly it sounds like a drunk dial. Or a stoned dial.

LMNO

Yeah. even Feynman makes it seem like a BS thought experiment that isn't thought through well.

Thanks for the link, though.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 23, 2013, 03:28:06 AM
Yeah. even Feynman makes it seem like a BS thought experiment that isn't thought through well.

When I originally read about it I didn't know who Feynman was. I still don't really know. Your response makes me think that he's a bit outre though.

It's really hard for me to tell because all modern physics sounds like crazy ramblings to me.

I'm still not sure what to make of Dr. Kaku, but that's a bit of bias since I happen to have seen him a lot on cable TV which I automatically assume is fluff.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 23, 2013, 02:48:16 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 22, 2013, 11:34:04 PM

You're not really missing anything, other than my unwillingness to suspend my disbelief long enough to see how this one lonely electron in the universe ends up being in multiple orbits around multiple atoms throughout all of time. Or the random thought about what about positrons, does the one lonely positron time travel less than the electron?

It's basically like being the one guy in a group of people watching Doctor Who and going, "this shit is retarded and makes no sense."

It's fun because it would be a perfectly elegant, simple explanation except for the lack of corresponding positrons. Other than that particular hole it doesn't really strike me as particularly unlikely. I mean, not compared to everything else that we already know about.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

wait.  you don't know Feynman?!

FIX THIS INSTANTLY.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 23, 2013, 03:36:19 AM

When I originally read about it I didn't know who Feynman was. I still don't really know. Your response makes me think that he's a bit outre though.

It's really hard for me to tell because all modern physics sounds like crazy ramblings to me.

I'm still not sure what to make of Dr. Kaku, but that's a bit of bias since I happen to have seen him a lot on cable TV which I automatically assume is fluff.

Oh my goodness. Richard Feynman is someone you should know about.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1965/feynman-bio.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_feynman.html

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 23, 2013, 03:44:01 AM

FIX THIS INSTANTLY.

:lol: I see that we had the same reaction to that information.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 23, 2013, 03:44:01 AM

FIX THIS INSTANTLY.

I know his name.

My scientific interest has always primarily been astronomical. I chose biology because of the potential career opportunities, especially in Boston.

Though, that said, biology is getting more and more interesting to me, and I'm actually liking it and wanting to learn more. I don't see why physics wouldn't be different.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 23, 2013, 03:45:30 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 23, 2013, 03:36:19 AM

Oh my goodness. Richard Feynman is someone you should know about.

http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/physics/laureates/1965/feynman-bio.html
http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_feynman.html

Grassy ass