News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

The First Church of the Wrath of Baby Jesus and Open Bar™

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, September 17, 2013, 06:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm exhausted. But it's been a good day. Got up, did homework, canned my pickles (they turned out perfectly)

then went to Sauvie with Br to walk on the beach

and pick up a cabbage for sauerkraut.

Then home to ditch the giant cabbage

and back to the beach with Z to hunt for picklestones and run the dogs. I'm rich with picklestones!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 04:43:55 AM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 07, 2013, 04:41:25 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 02:56:34 AM
So, yeah, a person who has been a friend of mine for more than 7 years just decided to walk away from that friendship because she apparently wasn't listening when I told her about a change of plans.  She wound up where we were supposed to meet, I wasn't there (as I had told her I wouldn't be).  She blew the hell up on FB and told me we were through, without bothering to, you know, ask what happened.

It occurs to me, though, that someone who would dump a 7 year friendship over something like that isn't really someone I want to be friends with, anyway.

That's incredibly lame.

Surprise?  It was Sister Gothique, of all people.  There's some very special irony in this, but it's a long story and I'm up past bedtime.  Will post tomorrow.

Wow WTF?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

DOUR that sucks. A lot.

Nigel...what the fuck is a picklestone?

Pæs

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 07, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
DOUR that sucks. A lot.

It's a stone with the right texture to be used in picklestoning which is where you fill a jar with a coloured oil and put small stones in it. The result is that the jar appears to contain pickles (any shape issues with the stones used is negated by the distorted image of the stones behind oil and curved glass). Then these "pickle jars" can be swapped out for real pickle jars leaving the elderly pickler (or more recently supermarket) out of pickles and very confused when they get people returning the items.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I'm guessing they're for keeping the cabbage submerged.
But swapping out oily rocks for pickles at the supermarket sounds like a BLAST.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on October 07, 2013, 06:08:36 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 07, 2013, 06:00:10 AM
DOUR that sucks. A lot.

It's a stone with the right texture to be used in picklestoning which is where you fill a jar with a coloured oil and put small stones in it. The result is that the jar appears to contain pickles (any shape issues with the stones used is negated by the distorted image of the stones behind oil and curved glass). Then these "pickle jars" can be swapped out for real pickle jars leaving the elderly pickler (or more recently supermarket) out of pickles and very confused when they get people returning the items.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They're what Stella said. But I like your version better.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 07, 2013, 05:28:41 AM
So, yeah, a person who has been a friend of mine for more than 7 years just decided to walk away from that friendship because she apparently wasn't listening when I told her about a change of plans.  She wound up where we were supposed to meet, I wasn't there (as I had told her I wouldn't be).  She blew the hell up on FB and told me we were through, without bothering to, you know, ask what happened.

It occurs to me, though, that someone who would dump a 7 year friendship over something like that isn't really someone I want to be friends with, anyway.

That's incredibly lame.

Surprise?  It was Sister Gothique, of all people.  There's some very special irony in this, but it's a long story and I'm up past bedtime.  Will post tomorrow.

Wow WTF?

We had a thing on Sundays.  Gaming stuff.  I tell her at her Birthday party (two weeks ago) that the Sunday group is moving from the shop up to my house.

She either didn't listen or forgot, and showed up at the shop, which is about a 10 minute drive from her place.  We weren't there.  She goes home, gets on FB, and tells me that because I have spoken disrespectfully to/about her guy (years ago, literally, before he matured a bit and went to school and got a steady job...We get along fine now), and because I blew her off (didn't), and because of "odds and ends" (???), she's done.

And I suppose she's right about the being done part, because apparently I don't know her, hell, never MET her, because the person I knew wouldn't drop a 7 year friendship over a misunderstanding, with no prior conversation.  Nor would she say anything that hurtful just to vent.

In any case, nothing lasts forever, everything eventually ends.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 02:00:12 PM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 07, 2013, 05:28:41 AM

That's incredibly lame.

Wow WTF?

We had a thing on Sundays.  Gaming stuff.  I tell her at her Birthday party (two weeks ago) that the Sunday group is moving from the shop up to my house.

She either didn't listen or forgot, and showed up at the shop, which is about a 10 minute drive from her place.  We weren't there.  She goes home, gets on FB, and tells me that because I have spoken disrespectfully to/about her guy (years ago, literally, before he matured a bit and went to school and got a steady job...We get along fine now), and because I blew her off (didn't), and because of "odds and ends" (???), she's done.

And I suppose she's right about the being done part, because apparently I don't know her, hell, never MET her, because the person I knew wouldn't drop a 7 year friendship over a misunderstanding, with no prior conversation.  Nor would she say anything that hurtful just to vent.

In any case, nothing lasts forever, everything eventually ends.

Is there any underlying things that might cause SG to flip the fuck out like that?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie on October 07, 2013, 02:33:46 PM
Is there any underlying things that might cause SG to flip the fuck out like that?

Not to my knowledge.  She's in a great relationship, their financial situation is improving nicely, etc.

So I'm kind of at sea, here.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 07, 2013, 02:36:28 PM
Quote from: Pixie on October 07, 2013, 02:33:46 PM

Not to my knowledge.  She's in a great relationship, their financial situation is improving nicely, etc.

So I'm kind of at sea, here.

Ok. That's something I always consider as a factor though.