News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Salty

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 23, 2014, 08:55:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2014, 08:54:01 PM
OK, video up.  Please like, subscribe, not use AdBlock when viewing my video and, most of all, enjoy.

Sweet.  Will hit this at home (now that it's posted and not streaming), as people think I'm doing work right now, so no sound available.

Will do the same, I have been too low on bandwidth for video.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

I have class in an hour but will do when i get home
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Eater of Clowns

My father, warning me about the shit inducing liquid you have to drink the night before a colonoscopy:

"Do not. Under any circumstances. Think you can get away with a fart."

He's never offered me much sage advice before, but that might make up for it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2014, 10:12:22 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 22, 2014, 10:04:41 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2014, 08:09:51 PM
OK, just wrecked my throat by talking for half an hour nonstop for my latest Youtube video.

Just editing it now to test for sound levels etc but I should be able to upload it for tomorrow.  You may want to watch once it is up, as it has pertinent information about what I'll be doing with the channel in the near future.

It also has some gameplay, so if you mostly watch my videos for that, you can see me solo most of a round after my team mates ignobly snuff it, like the scrubs they are.

Excellent!

I don't even play, I just put it on and listen to you talk.  :lol:

Ah, but you should watch this one.  I'm playing a lizard in a trenchcoat with a laser-based sniper rifle that melts things.

Also, cheesy scanning devices that let me see enemies through cover (and shoot them) and big-ass explosions.  It doesn't get much cooler than that.

I will say, any games that allow a) scanning through walls and b) cover penetrating weapons is just asking for trouble.  This isn't as cheesy as the time I used drill rounds on the Javelin sniper rifle with a high velocity barrel (combined cover penetration of 4.85 metres), but it's close.

I will, eventually, do a Mass Effect playthrough, so all of you can know the storyline behind what I'm playing.  Just not straight away.

Sounds like fun! I'll watch it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 23, 2014, 02:50:31 PM
So because Janus happened on the first day of classes, I've only been to Microbiology. General Bio II is tonight, I log into the Algebra class tomorrow (14 days free access to MyMathLab, payday is Thursday), and Saturday is Intro to Biotech.

Applied for FAFSA for 2014-2015, but I think my eligibility for the Pell Grant through BHCC will run out in Fall (when I reach the maximum amount of allowable credits), and so, aside from settling into classes, I'll be looking into whether non-government grants and scholarships are allowable after that point, or start making my case for "LOL JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE HISTORY DEGREE" or, you know. Consider transferring to UMass Boston earlier.

And internships. Looking into internships.

I'm in a similar boat; this is the last term I'm eligible for the Pell at community college, but I still have another term of lower-division prereqs to finish and it's the third term of a sequence so I can't just finish up at the University. Well, I can, but breaking sequence for genchem and bio is not a good idea.

I don't know what happens summer term. If they aren't offering enough classes that apply to my majors I guess it's job time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ugh, or I could try to make myself make beads. :(

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on January 23, 2014, 03:29:10 PM
Richter just texted me to tell me that he is clear with the city clerk of Providence, and has been addressed formally as a man of the cloth.

The Real Reverend Richter.  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Well, Richter, welcome to the cloth. It ain't easy, being a holy man, but I know you've got it in you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 23, 2014, 05:57:27 PM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on January 23, 2014, 04:07:22 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 23, 2014, 04:58:03 AM
Moving to the Portland area at the end of the year-ish. Probably smack-dab in the middle of NaNo. Which will be entertaining. Looking at the Gresham area. Beaverton is right out. Fuck that place. Whee!

We call it "Greshamphetamine". Fair warning.

TBH, SE and/or NE Portland are just as affordable and nowhere near as shitty.

Duly noted. :) If you have any other tips, I am all ears.

Look into St. Johns. It's got a nice little community going on. If you want to feel like you live in the city, though, stick with the eastside, just about anywhere west of 82nd, especially along Broadway or Hawthorne. West of 39th is even better, but more expensive. There's a cheap area in the Wedge of the fifth quadrant; I have no idea why it hasn't been overrun by hipsters yet. I think they might be afraid of black people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 23, 2014, 08:28:00 PM
Things I have taught people on Facebook today:

1.  Rob Halford is the mayor of Canada, and has some sort of substance abuse problem.

2.  I don't think we can deport Justin Beiber to Canada, because you can't get into Canada if you have a DUI.

:lulz:

Left

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on January 23, 2014, 11:07:57 PM
My father, warning me about the shit inducing liquid you have to drink the night before a colonoscopy:

"Do not. Under any circumstances. Think you can get away with a fart."

He's never offered me much sage advice before, but that might make up for it.

...Hope everything comes out ok...   *Ducks*
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 23, 2014, 11:34:27 PM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 23, 2014, 02:50:31 PM
So because Janus happened on the first day of classes, I've only been to Microbiology. General Bio II is tonight, I log into the Algebra class tomorrow (14 days free access to MyMathLab, payday is Thursday), and Saturday is Intro to Biotech.

Applied for FAFSA for 2014-2015, but I think my eligibility for the Pell Grant through BHCC will run out in Fall (when I reach the maximum amount of allowable credits), and so, aside from settling into classes, I'll be looking into whether non-government grants and scholarships are allowable after that point, or start making my case for "LOL JUST KIDDING ABOUT THE HISTORY DEGREE" or, you know. Consider transferring to UMass Boston earlier.

I'm in a similar boat; this is the last term I'm eligible for the Pell at community college, but I still have another term of lower-division prereqs to finish and it's the third term of a sequence so I can't just finish up at the University. Well, I can, but breaking sequence for genchem and bio is not a good idea.

I don't know what happens summer term. If they aren't offering enough classes that apply to my majors I guess it's job time.

Prereqs. They can be a pain sometimes. For example, no where in the Biology Transfer Program is Precalculus a required course, and your general math requirement is probably going to be gotten out of the way with STEM Algebra (the one I'm taking now), since that is a prerequisite for a good chunk of the science courses in any of the programs, including Precalculus. Precalculus is not mentioned anywhere in the list of courses needed or recommended as an elective for the Biology Transfer Program. You know what is a required course? Calculus I. Which requires previously having taken......  :lulz:

I'm technically pissing away some of my science credits too, since my Microbiology class is actually for Healthcare and Biotechnology majors and not Biology Transfer, but it'll help me figure out specifically what line of work I would like to go into and what line of work I could tolerate, and what line of work I want to avoid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 24, 2014, 02:11:07 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 23, 2014, 11:34:27 PM

Prereqs. They can be a pain sometimes. For example, no where in the Biology Transfer Program is Precalculus a required course, and your general math requirement is probably going to be gotten out of the way with STEM Algebra (the one I'm taking now), since that is a prerequisite for a good chunk of the science courses in any of the programs, including Precalculus. Precalculus is not mentioned anywhere in the list of courses needed or recommended as an elective for the Biology Transfer Program. You know what is a required course? Calculus I. Which requires previously having taken......  :lulz:

I'm technically pissing away some of my science credits too, since my Microbiology class is actually for Healthcare and Biotechnology majors and not Biology Transfer, but it'll help me figure out specifically what line of work I would like to go into and what line of work I could tolerate, and what line of work I want to avoid.

I have probably two full terms worth of classes that don't apply to anything and that I could have skipped. But hell, that just makes me well-rounded, right?  :lulz:

My bio program requires Calculus OR Stats, and since Stats is also required for every graduate program I'm interested in I took that. Which means that by the time I might be using it, it will have been 3 years since I took it. Of course, when I asked my mentor about that she said "That's what we have Statistics grad students for."  :lol:

I have totally managed to piss away my evening instead of finishing my stoichiometry homework. Fuck me.

At least I made Tandoori chicken. And it smells AMAZING.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 24, 2014, 03:26:23 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 24, 2014, 02:11:07 AM

I have probably two full terms worth of classes that don't apply to anything and that I could have skipped. But hell, that just makes me well-rounded, right?  :lulz:

My bio program requires Calculus OR Stats, and since Stats is also required for every graduate program I'm interested in I took that. Which means that by the time I might be using it, it will have been 3 years since I took it. Of course, when I asked my mentor about that she said "That's what we have Statistics grad students for."  :lol:

I have totally managed to piss away my evening instead of finishing my stoichiometry homework. Fuck me.

At least I made Tandoori chicken. And it smells AMAZING.

You know what blows in science courses in community colleges? Math courses.

You know what math courses I took in accordance with my History degree?

College Algebra (no longer exists at BHCC, cannot be applied to AS/Science Transfer). Needs to be replaced with College Algebra for STEM. 100 level course. Had to take MAT-095 last semester because my previous Algebra hasn't existed in almost a decade (Also kids, don't drop out. I dropped out twice and then changed my major from AS to BS transfer). STATS. I took Statistics. It wasn't a lab Stats though. 3 credits vs 4. Heh. Now I have to take Organic Chemistry I and just fucking forget about Orgo II, because I'll have transferred at that point. And fulfilled my Biology electives.

BUREAUCRACY!!!!

Nephew Twiddleton

Also I would give you all of the Drosophila for a bit of Tandoori.