News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: :regret: on January 30, 2014, 10:52:20 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 30, 2014, 10:41:18 PM
Aaaaaaand a friend is about to lose his 3 year battle with cancer in a matter of days. Shit went south this week and they took him off treatments and put him on comfort meds as of today. That's it.

Fuck cancer. Jesus fucking Christ.
Shit, that sucks.

I don't know what to say, or what to do to make his wife feel better right now. She still has to go to work, SHE IS NOT BEING GIVEN THE FUCKING TIME OFF TO SPEND WITH HER HUSBAND WHILE HE DIES.

Him and I were not close, in fact, we were fucking sandpaper on each other. He was a born-again Christian who was way too conservative for my tastes and his mouth almost always got him in trouble, but we were teammates and always worked together when it mattered. There isn't a soul in this world that needs to go like this. Ever. I'm not just sad that he's dying, I'm sad that here we are, in fucking 2014, and we haven't been able to find a cure for cancer [that's approved by the FDA anyway] or even have employers that possess an inkling of compassion enough to allow a woman and her husband's bedside for his last few days. It's fucking disgusting. All of it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Random anger problem on January 31, 2014, 03:24:36 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 31, 2014, 03:16:36 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 05:39:22 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 30, 2014, 03:28:18 PM
What is is about man smell that makes you go crazy?

No, not gross dirty BO smell, man smell, that smell. You know what I mean, I know Nigel knows.

Mmmmm, man-musk. Makes me want to get all up in there.

Ok, that makes a little more sense. I'm a hairy, sweaty guy. I find that unappealing, probably because I'm a hairy, sweaty guy. Whenever I sweat I smell like my dad. Which, obviously, is really unappealing to me in a variety of ways and makes me want to jump in the shower ASAP, but which Villager happens to like.

Fresh guy sweat is awesome. 
...I also find fresh girl sweat and the sweat smell of other assorted genders awesome.

...However, if the oils have been on your skin long enough to get rancid, you just stink, no matter what gender you happen to be.

I think, when I think of man stink, I think of the most obvious source. Me. Which is unappealing.

I'd probably have the same reaction if any of my female relatives just came in from a jog, except it would be gender appropriate sweat stuff.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Suu

And suddenly, every little rant I have, every little stressful thought, is insignificant to the fact that I just ranted about moving stress on Facebook, and his wife just replied, "I'll trade you."

I now feel superficial as fuck. There is no first world problem that can fucking compare to a wife losing a husband to cancer. FUCK ME.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 10:23:43 PM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 09:47:16 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on January 30, 2014, 09:03:56 PM
In a way, it IS boring. People doing shit like yanking food away from little kids and throwing it in the trash is STANDARD now. It's TEDIOUS.

"Oboy, the sun is up. More horror. Wahoo."

Especially considering the recent proposal to link FOOD STAMP BENEFITS to school performance.  :horrormirth:

wat

Last year sometime, I'll try to find it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 31, 2014, 03:11:29 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 03:06:03 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 30, 2014, 02:49:34 PM
Quote from: Alty on January 30, 2014, 05:57:28 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on January 30, 2014, 05:54:40 AM
We can't stop here, this is vagina country?

IT REALLY IS NOT THE VAGINA.

IT IS THE WAY THEY MOVE AND WALK AND TALK.

I agree with this 169.7%

Women make me stupid, and not just because I feel a need to get them into bed.  I mean, that's great and all, but even after sex, when there is not a single hormone left in my horribly withered and dessicated body, I am still a stunned bunny dumbass.  Because I love the hell out of women.  They are like a Rubens painting that can hold a conversation.

No, wait, that last bit isn't quite right, because they're not inanimate objects that have a semblance of humanity, and that wouldn't even be attractive at all.  I don't know how to explain this part.  Because women make me dumb.

I like guys, because they're hairy and smell like sweat and have dicks.

I don't know WHY this makes me like them, but there you have it.

This is probably the most unappealing description of my gender I can think of boiled down to a sentence. I won't debate it, but that's not what I like.

Well, really, you CAN'T debate it.  :lulz:

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on January 31, 2014, 03:32:34 AM
Quote from: :regret: on January 30, 2014, 10:52:20 PM
Quote from: The Suu on January 30, 2014, 10:41:18 PM
Aaaaaaand a friend is about to lose his 3 year battle with cancer in a matter of days. Shit went south this week and they took him off treatments and put him on comfort meds as of today. That's it.

Fuck cancer. Jesus fucking Christ.
Shit, that sucks.

I don't know what to say, or what to do to make his wife feel better right now. She still has to go to work, SHE IS NOT BEING GIVEN THE FUCKING TIME OFF TO SPEND WITH HER HUSBAND WHILE HE DIES.

Him and I were not close, in fact, we were fucking sandpaper on each other. He was a born-again Christian who was way too conservative for my tastes and his mouth almost always got him in trouble, but we were teammates and always worked together when it mattered. There isn't a soul in this world that needs to go like this. Ever. I'm not just sad that he's dying, I'm sad that here we are, in fucking 2014, and we haven't been able to find a cure for cancer [that's approved by the FDA anyway] or even have employers that possess an inkling of compassion enough to allow a woman and her husband's bedside for his last few days. It's fucking disgusting. All of it.

It's also illegal under FMLA.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/

QuoteFamily and Medical Leave Act
Overview
The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Eligible employees are entitled to:
Twelve workweeks of leave in a 12-month period for:
the birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
to care for the employee's spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee's spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on "covered active duty;" or
Twenty-six workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered servicemember with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the servicemember's spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin (military caregiver leave).

Suu

I'm forwarding that to her. I knew it was bullshit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's possible that she just meant that she's used all her paid leave, so they can't pay her while she's out. I can't imagine any employer in the country blatantly violating Federal law (and human decency) in a way that would leave them so wide-open to lawsuit and public outcry. They're usually marginally smarter than that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 31, 2014, 03:50:18 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 31, 2014, 03:11:29 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 30, 2014, 03:06:03 PM

I agree with this 169.7%

Women make me stupid, and not just because I feel a need to get them into bed.  I mean, that's great and all, but even after sex, when there is not a single hormone left in my horribly withered and dessicated body, I am still a stunned bunny dumbass.  Because I love the hell out of women.  They are like a Rubens painting that can hold a conversation.

No, wait, that last bit isn't quite right, because they're not inanimate objects that have a semblance of humanity, and that wouldn't even be attractive at all.  I don't know how to explain this part.  Because women make me dumb.

This is probably the most unappealing description of my gender I can think of boiled down to a sentence. I won't debate it, but that's not what I like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_gustibus_non_est_disputandum

I tend towards androgynous men. I like androgyny in women too, but it's not a preference that's as strong in heterosexual attraction.

Left

Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 31, 2014, 04:15:32 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 31, 2014, 03:50:18 AM

I agree with this 169.7%

I tend towards androgynous men. I like androgyny in women too, but it's not a preference that's as strong in heterosexual attraction.

...I was attracted to girlfriendo because she has kind eyes.  Eyes are a big thing. 
She has been subsequently shown to have a kind (and sexy) everything else.
...I appreciate that I'm nuts and nuts in a way that makes me very difficult to be around.  She puts up with that.
  I am very grateful and probably far luckier than I deserve to have her in my life.

...Okay, done.  Y'all can vomit now...
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Random anger problem on January 31, 2014, 05:13:21 AM
Quote from: THE PHYTOPHTHORATIC HOLDER OF THE ADVANCED DEGREE on January 31, 2014, 04:15:32 AM

I agree with this 169.7%

...I was attracted to girlfriendo because she has kind eyes.  Eyes are a big thing. 
She has been subsequently shown to have a kind (and sexy) everything else.
...I appreciate that I'm nuts and nuts in a way that makes me very difficult to be around.  She puts up with that.
  I am very grateful and probably far luckier than I deserve to have her in my life.

...Okay, done.  Y'all can vomit now...

It's cool. You really can't pin down why you're attracted to your significant other. With Villager I can point out specific traits, both physical and personality wise, that I'm attracted to, but the combination is always unpredictable.

And you know, I gotta admit, you've all called it before, I friggin love that evil smile.

Nephew Twiddleton

I mean fucking hell. She and I work next door to each other, but we're generally on separate schedules. Except this semester. I saw her standing alone on the subway platform, and I intentionally threw my weight against her, and she gave me that evil smile. Never did I want to go to class less.

Nephew Twiddleton

I want to finish school and get a proper job so I can marry her. And it's going to be a while.