News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Re: Open Bar: RECOMMENDABLE

Started by Nephew Twiddleton, December 31, 2013, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

/b/ear, I was pretty sure it's next to impossible to be a Really Real IRL anarchist in the US.

How, exactly, did they justify all of the State's involvement in their lives prior to having kids?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 07:50:16 AM
4.) They TRIED to convince me the life of their fucking children is worth more than other people's children because they're not "brain washed".

This is the point where these two people stopped being relevant to just about anything.

I agree with ECH.  The fact that you left them mobile & with all of their bits makes you something of a Franciscan-esque saint.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 31, 2014, 01:49:03 PM
/b/ear, I was pretty sure it's next to impossible to be a Really Real IRL anarchist in the US.

How, exactly, did they justify all of the State's involvement in their lives prior to having kids?

They tried too. I asked them where can I find the Anarchist road they only travel on. Every little jab was countered with blah blah blah "statist". You're a engineer, but rely on comcast for internet connection what a waste of knowledge. He pretty much blew up on me when I laughed at him for trying to do everything DIY. At least they weren't conspiracy theorists. It just occured to me I'm a dumbass for feeling any remorse. Everytime we did anything I was dragged into some sort of dick measuring contest.

I got my Magic Jack Plus to work. Static IP ftw!

Junkenstein

Quote from: Cain on January 31, 2014, 12:15:09 PM
Naw.  Under the terms of the loan, I only get money taken out when I'm earning above a certain amount.  Since I'm not earning anything, they can't do shit.  It's fun to watch them spazz out about it, though.

And given they're leeches on a system that used to be free, until government decided updating our pointless second-strike nuclear arsenal and inflating a property bubble was more important than a sustainable knowledge based economy, I'm not especially inclined to help them beyond the necessary

I would strongly encourage you to move twice just to fuck up their systems even further.

Remember, it's probably just a matter of time until student loans in the UK become a similar system to the US. When that happens it's probably best to have as much confusion on your file as possible.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on January 31, 2014, 02:09:28 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 07:50:16 AM
4.) They TRIED to convince me the life of their fucking children is worth more than other people's children because they're not "brain washed".

This is the point where these two people stopped being relevant to just about anything.

I agree with ECH.  The fact that you left them mobile & with all of their bits makes you something of a Franciscan-esque saint.

I'm hoping for their children to kill their fathers, and save their mothers. Also I've had a lot on my mind lately so my bear brain has been dampened for now.

So far I'm going to finish paying off my folks home, and I'm going to ask my wife to decide if she wants kids or not. If yes off to Finland, or Norway we go. If no then we will continue to Boston. She said I would be the most fun dad ever. But she wants to leave with at least 50K anywhere.

I've been doing cardio, and I'm loving the ski machine at the gym. In one hour I burn 1800 calories on the highest incline and max resistance.

Paco, our little retarded dog has been gone for 4 days now. Someone either took him, or he finally ran away. He was a stray who almost died in the heat in our yard. I miss the little bastard we would bark at each other for hours.

It's 8:40 A.M. and I can't sleep time to brew some black coffee, and stay up.

Junkenstein

Hope your dog turns up OK man.

Turns out today is "Surprise sacking Friday" in which I get to sack the most incompetent man I've ever worked with.

Joy!
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 02:28:36 PM

They tried too. I asked them where can I find the Anarchist road they only travel on. Every little jab was countered with blah blah blah "statist". You're a engineer, but rely on comcast for internet connection what a waste of knowledge. He pretty much blew up on me when I laughed at him for trying to do everything DIY. At least they weren't conspiracy theorists. It just occured to me I'm a dumbass for feeling any remorse. Everytime we did anything I was dragged into some sort of dick measuring contest.

Sadly, way too many anarchists and libertarians argue that way.  It basically means "I have no cogent argument, I am now proceeding to ad hominem." 

I say sadly because anarchists and libertarians could make useful allies in curbing actual state excessiveness*, but since they have this conspiracy theory type view of the world where the State is responsible for every bad thing, and as a consequence they renounce Satan and all his works refuse to work the system to the kind of world they'd like to see, instead standing back and waiting for the contradictions of State Coercion to drive the whole system into the ground.

Which is a great way to constantly whine and gripe without accepting any responsibility to improve the situation.

*Also if you can get them to shut up about the Free Market for 2 minutes.  For many anarchist and libertarian groups, "ally" means "captive audience for proselytisation".

Cain

Also, for those wondering, I have a backlog of about 5 hours of video for Youtube.  Unfortunately, I have to make a trade off between recording, rendering and uploading, because the last of those takes, on average, 5 hours per video (stupid countryside internet).  They've all been recorded and stuff, it's just I probably wont be uploading again until Monday.  And since I have an essay coming up, I'm building up a nice backlog of material so I can keep uploading while I'm writing.

Cain

Quote from: Junkenstein on January 31, 2014, 02:29:14 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 31, 2014, 12:15:09 PM
Naw.  Under the terms of the loan, I only get money taken out when I'm earning above a certain amount.  Since I'm not earning anything, they can't do shit.  It's fun to watch them spazz out about it, though.

And given they're leeches on a system that used to be free, until government decided updating our pointless second-strike nuclear arsenal and inflating a property bubble was more important than a sustainable knowledge based economy, I'm not especially inclined to help them beyond the necessary

I would strongly encourage you to move twice just to fuck up their systems even further.

Remember, it's probably just a matter of time until student loans in the UK become a similar system to the US. When that happens it's probably best to have as much confusion on your file as possible.

I've actually done that, too.

Sadly, the bank knows where I live, so they probably helped them track me down.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 31, 2014, 03:07:24 PM
Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 02:28:36 PM

Sadly, way too many anarchists and libertarians argue that way.  It basically means "I have no cogent argument, I am now proceeding to ad hominem." 

I say sadly because anarchists and libertarians could make useful allies in curbing actual state excessiveness*, but since they have this conspiracy theory type view of the world where the State is responsible for every bad thing, and as a consequence they renounce Satan and all his works refuse to work the system to the kind of world they'd like to see, instead standing back and waiting for the contradictions of State Coercion to drive the whole system into the ground.

Which is a great way to constantly whine and gripe without accepting any responsibility to improve the situation.

*Also if you can get them to shut up about the Free Market for 2 minutes.  For many anarchist and libertarian groups, "ally" means "captive audience for proselytisation".

It's actually quite a marvelous little ploy, if in fact the entire point is to be able to complain and not actually do anything.

Cain

Well, there is a reason vulgar anarchism and libertarianism are the preferred ideology of teenage to 20somethings.  Because that is the age group that most hates the idea of repsonsibility, hard work and compromise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bearman:  One thing about having kids...If you wait until you can afford it, you'll never have them.  There is no way to afford kids.  You just have them, then struggle along for 18 years.

It's worth it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 07:20:44 AM
I thought I could, but I can't. I no longer want to be friends with anarchists. I tried long and hard and asked myself how much do I enjoy being around them. I see that they're incapable of enjoying life. Don't know if I'm now in the same stigma as Kai for doing this. I mean I can work with them engage them in public/work etc, but I can't do it in private. My breaking point came to two of them who just became fathers are now justifying them be so called "statists" because we they take some of the "entitlements" it's not them parasites since they're anarchists. Rather than see them become a really real RWHN I decided to jump ship. So I officially have 4 good friends now IRL. Time for bear to start being social again. I'm going to start looking for more techie and engineering hobbyists, and maybe do neckbeard projects together.

Yeah, the thing about holding extreme positions is that you can't do it without being a hypocrite when you make an exception for yourself. Good call, man.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 07:28:58 AM
Quote from: Nigel's Red Velveteen Skinmeat Snacks on January 31, 2014, 07:12:52 AM
So I revised my OK Cupid profile to be full nerd. http://www.okcupid.com/profile/WeaselPants?cf=search_overlay

A biochemistry professor at my school messaged me. :lulz: :lulz:

Hell, why not?

Is it a fake profile?

No,  that's my actual me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: /b/earman on January 31, 2014, 08:02:29 AM
Not to religion in theory but to maybe fear I think? They're anarchists who can't amount to anything because lack freedom or something other. One of them has a great potential to be a great machinist since he likes to get his hands dirty, but doesn't want to be a slave to some capitalist.

So yeah just amazed this ended so fast. I'm almost 28 I thought shit like this  was over for me. NOPE.

They're the same as the "pre-rich" Libertarians who WOULD have risen to the top if only Big Government wasn't holding them down. It's excuses.