Help me write a nostalgia forward for Facebook.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 01, 2014, 03:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I wish to annoy the nostalgia miseryguts crowd that insists on forwarding me stuff.

Remember when there was no "terror threat level"?  Remember when GI Joe action figures didn't demand your papers when you pushed the button on their backs?  Remember when the government pretended they weren't listening to our phone conversations?  Remember when your worst nightmares weren't idiotically optimistic?

I need more of this.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Is the point to make the past seem better than it was, or worse?

I mean, you could go either way with that.

"Remember when Polio claimed the lives of thousands of kids who just wanted to go swimming?"

Suu

Remember when there were 2 different numbers at the beginning of the year and clouds weren't made extinct by chemtrails?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Remember when marital rape was allowed by law?

Suu

Remember when you didn't need your passport to come home from Canada?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Remember when we didn't worry ourselves with seat belts and lifejackets, because the leading cause of death for children under four was violence by their parents?

The good old days when taxpayers didn't have to pay for things like Early Head Start, and the crime rate was at its highest point in American history?

Remember when we weren't so goshdarn paranoid about women smoking and drinking during pregnancy?

Remember when the Government kept out of your personal business and didn't try to control whether your child had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, was premature, or low birth weight with all these "guidelines" and "programs"?

Back in the good old days, schools warned kids about the dangers of homosexuality, instead of encouraging "acceptance". Remember when it was still OK to beat someone to death because they were gay?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: All-Father Nigel on May 01, 2014, 03:43:25 PM
Remember when we didn't worry ourselves with seat belts and lifejackets, because the leading cause of death for children under four was violence by their parents?

The good old days when taxpayers didn't have to pay for things like Early Head Start, and the crime rate was at its highest point in American history?

Remember when we weren't so goshdarn paranoid about women smoking and drinking during pregnancy?

Remember when the Government kept out of your personal business and didn't try to control whether your child had Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, was premature, or low birth weight with all these "guidelines" and "programs"?

Back in the good old days, schools warned kids about the dangers of homosexuality, instead of encouraging "acceptance". Remember when it was still OK to beat someone to death because they were gay?

:lulz:

LMNO

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Remember when there was no internet, and people had to remember your phone number to call you a shitlord?

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Ben Shapiro

Remember when Black people knew when to stay on THEIR side?
Remember when women spent 8 hrs a day locked inside the house?
Remember when Hispanics were shot 200 feet away from the border just cause?
Remember when people were sent to internment camps to prove their loyalty to a country?
Remember when Rocky defeated the Soviet Union?
Remember when Hulk Hogan defeated the terrorists in the middle east?

Ben Shapiro