News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 11, 2016, 03:18:08 AM
ITT: misogyny being explained away as just a joke while insulting a woman for not getting the joke properly :kingmeh:

Yep. Exactly this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 03:56:04 AM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on November 11, 2016, 03:47:14 AM
ITT: misogyny being explained away as just a joke while insulting a woman for not getting the joke properly :kingmeh:

Honestly coyote, this is the kind of approach that isn't persuasive to your friends on the right. Is it necessarily misogyny to joke about cumming elsewhere to not get someone pregnant? It's certainly vulgar and not appropriate, but those are the mechanics. The simple and gross things joked about in the heartland and elsewhere.

I know I haven't been following closely, but who insulted Freeky?

No one insulted Freeky. They're just so troll starved that they can't keep it together. They have to gnaw into something every once in awhile or they get cannibalistic.

So it's usually up to me to stir shit up and get them active again, and keep them from eating each other. Although, I must say, I was starting to get worried that the horse I was beating might've died.

We have plenty of trolls. I don't know if you've noticed, but there's Ron Paul, plus the entirely of Facebook.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MithridatesXXIII

Not giving women choices about their bodies follows directly from the first speaker's statement.

Drawing a straight line from cumming in mouths to not respecting women's choices in the bedroom is not quite as obvious.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 04:02:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 03:57:24 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 01:25:52 AM
I'm not sure that trying to find misogynist pieces of shit in people who we all know aren't misogynist is the right motorcycle in a time like this. Methinks a chill pill is in order.

Also, I find the super srs petition to abolish the Electoral college before it's even voted to be quite funny. As if to say the Electoral college is the reason why Trump won, and that it had nothing to do with population distribution among the districts  :lulz:

Emo Howard is an actual decent human being though, and probably is able to understand how disheartening it is for women that most men just sort of play along with misogynists instead of saying something.

This is understandable, and can be easily expressed with friendlier words when it comes to talking to friends. Sarcasm and snide remarks are occasionally funny when used properly on friends, but they seemed to be especially hostile this time around. I didn't want Emo Howard to feel like he should walk on egg shells because his joke was misinterpreted or the anger surrounding it misdirected. He brought up a point, and your and Freeky's counter point is valid and needs to be discussed, not sarcastically or shittily asserted.

I didn't know that Emo Howard and Freeky are friends.

If you truly consider yourself an ally, you might want to consider how topics like sexual assault or jokes about doing things to women or topics about violence for women make us feel. Further compounding those feelings by dismissing them is not only unconstructive, it is not the actions of an actual ally.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have to say, right now this conversation is really coming across a lot like "what about the men".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Don Coyote on November 11, 2016, 04:04:33 AM

Honestly coyote, this is the kind of approach that isn't persuasive to your friends on the right. Is it necessarily misogyny to joke about cumming elsewhere to not get someone pregnant? It's certainly vulgar and not appropriate, but those are the mechanics. The simple and gross things joked about in the heartland and elsewhere.

I know I haven't been following closely, but who insulted Freeky? Fernando?

To be honest, I don't give a shit about that shit.

The joke is a shitty joke that built up on a misogynistic premised, denial of birth control to women, punctuated by the implication of cumming in a woman's mouth without her assumed consent. Then all you fuckwits want to tell Freeky that she's wrong and playing at the victim and should stop before she drives away her allies. You guys are a bunch of shittwinkies.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDING.

POFP

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 04:47:53 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 03:56:04 AM

I know I haven't been following closely, but who insulted Freeky?

No one insulted Freeky. They're just so troll starved that they can't keep it together. They have to gnaw into something every once in awhile or they get cannibalistic.

So it's usually up to me to stir shit up and get them active again, and keep them from eating each other. Although, I must say, I was starting to get worried that the horse I was beating might've died.

We have plenty of trolls. I don't know if you've noticed, but there's Ron Paul, plus the entirely of Facebook.

Ron Paul doesn't respond. He's like a copy and paste engine. And that's barely better than the droll repetitive shit on Facebook. Let's face it, you need shit like this.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 04:52:08 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 04:02:08 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 03:57:24 AM
Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 01:25:52 AM
I'm not sure that trying to find misogynist pieces of shit in people who we all know aren't misogynist is the right motorcycle in a time like this. Methinks a chill pill is in order.

Also, I find the super srs petition to abolish the Electoral college before it's even voted to be quite funny. As if to say the Electoral college is the reason why Trump won, and that it had nothing to do with population distribution among the districts  :lulz:

Emo Howard is an actual decent human being though, and probably is able to understand how disheartening it is for women that most men just sort of play along with misogynists instead of saying something.

This is understandable, and can be easily expressed with friendlier words when it comes to talking to friends. Sarcasm and snide remarks are occasionally funny when used properly on friends, but they seemed to be especially hostile this time around. I didn't want Emo Howard to feel like he should walk on egg shells because his joke was misinterpreted or the anger surrounding it misdirected. He brought up a point, and your and Freeky's counter point is valid and needs to be discussed, not sarcastically or shittily asserted.

I didn't know that Emo Howard and Freeky are friends.

If you truly consider yourself an ally, you might want to consider how topics like sexual assault or jokes about doing things to women or topics about violence for women make us feel. Further compounding those feelings by dismissing them is not only unconstructive, it is not the actions of an actual ally.

No one was dismissing the feelings of women except the people in the story. My point was that instead of taking the feelings that arise from hearing such a story out on the narrator for going along, maybe you can do what we normally like doing on this board, and suggest an alternative. Maybe a simple "yeah, I don't think going along is the right motorcycle" would suffice. You know, considering the fact that we know that EH isn't a turdsquabbler.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 04:53:54 AM
I have to say, right now this conversation is really coming across a lot like "what about the men".

It was more of a "What about the power of polite discussion?"  you know, that thing that's actually productive and promotes the inclusion of allies.

I feel like instead of leaving EH with an unfinished discussion, he now has a full perspective on why it's probably not a good idea to just go along with pigs. Too bad I had to stir the pot to get it out. For fuck's sake.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Salty

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on November 11, 2016, 05:08:44 AM
It was more of a "What about the power of polite discussion?"  you know, that thing that's actually productive and promotes the inclusion of allies.

:facepalm:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Don Coyote

I feel like instead of leaving EH with an unfinished discussion, he now has a full perspective on why it's probably not a good idea to just go along with pigs. Too bad I had to stir the pot to get it out. For fuck's sake.

Sounds like a bunch of fucking white moderate nonsense. :notnice: :wasp: :teabagger1:

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 11, 2016, 05:10:11 AM
Eh, there's one more to put on ignore.  :kingmeh:

Same

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So today I had what had to have been one of the stupidest conversations I have ever had in my life. Paraphrased:

Canadian guy: "I don't know why the US has such complicated voter registration. They should do away with it and just have a list of eligible voters."

Me: "I think you're thinking of voter ID laws. We do have a list of eligible voters, it's called voter registration."

Canadian: "No but it's stupid that you make people register. They shouldn't have to register."

Me: "Well, there has to be some way of making and updating the list."

Canadian: "You just aren't getting it! You don't understand much about elections. Other countries manage without voter registration, why can't the US?"

Me: "Looks like Canada's voter registration process is very similar to Oregon's, and most democratic nations. Here's the link."

Him: <crickets>

Only now imagine it about a million times longer and stupider.

Freeky

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Ron Paul doesn't respond. He's like a copy and paste engine. And that's barely better than the droll repetitive shit on Facebook. Let's face it, you need shit like this.

How have I failed you my child?

MithridatesXXIII

How would you feel about an Assange type publishing leaks on your fascist movement RP?