News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase

Started by Cain, July 12, 2017, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

axod

just this

minuspace

QuoteAnger, you got to hold on to it. It's the last fig leaf.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2018, 07:52:33 PM
I think I'm gonna take a break for a while.

What brings you to that? I ask because I've been lurking for a while and find myself questioning whether or not participating here is worth my time. I have not been able to create anything for a while now for some reason. I'd like to know your reasons to compare them to mine.

I don't think I can ever leave permanently, but a hiatus to focus on my own situation seems wise these days.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 09, 2018, 05:42:48 AM
I have not been able to create anything for a while now for some reason.
I don't mean to be flippant/cliche, but sometimes you need to destroy something old before you can create something new.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 08, 2018, 07:52:33 PM
I think I'm gonna take a break for a while.

What brings you to that? I ask because I've been lurking for a while and find myself questioning whether or not participating here is worth my time. I have not been able to create anything for a while now for some reason. I'd like to know your reasons to compare them to mine.

I don't think I can ever leave permanently, but a hiatus to focus on my own situation seems wise these days.

Quote from: LMNO on September 07, 2018, 07:31:45 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 07, 2018, 06:54:42 PM
I am beginning to have Malaul flashbacks.

BAD DOKTOR.  BAD.

I know.  But tell me I'm wrong.  Go ahead, tell me.

Every single post I have made has been followed by a gratuitous and unfunny reference to sex. It makes me hate this country, the United States of America, LMNO.  It makes me hate that flag.  It makes me hate cops.  It makes me hate ALL WHITE PEOPLE.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 09, 2018, 03:09:34 PM
I don't mean to be flippant/cliche, but sometimes you need to destroy something old before you can create something new.

And something borrowed and something blue.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

Quote from: Hoopla on September 09, 2018, 04:35:39 PM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 09, 2018, 03:09:34 PM

And something borrowed and something blue.
A life's in these bottles, can you kazoo?

LMNO

ATTENTION: NEW-ISH PEOPLE.

I was like you, once.  I thought there was humor, shock-value, and moral enlightenment to freely engaging in sexual language, in-thread role play, and innuendo.  Hell, the kind mods here even gave me my own emoji.  That's me in the lmnuoendo clip.

But you know what I learned?  It gets boring.  And it completely distracts and derails conversations, whether you mean for it to do so or not.  It's not clever, it's not transgressive, and it's not new.  I learned this the hard way1, but you don't have to.  Just skip to the part where you realize no one wants to hear your fantasies, everyone has some fetish that will squick you out that's not worth talking about, and using this schtick here is equivalent to shitting up your own sandbox with a stupid troll.

Also, you might want to see if there isn't any latent misogyny or sex-shaming behavior hiding in your act.

1...if you know what I mean.

Con-troll

But I just wanna fuck the system, but am too drunk to find any holes in it :c
I get trauma from stuff most don't even notice.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Me:  I think the FAT budget is too small.
Project Manager:  (laughs) Are you just saying that because it's been true for every other project we've done?
Me:  Yes.
PM: (reflects)
PM:  I'll leave it like this.
Me:   :|
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.