Author Topic: Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in  (Read 31784 times)

Doktor Howl

• Hostile Technology Geek
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Horrible Bastard
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus data and events as they come in
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2020, 04:04:17 pm »
We know how it kills, primarily respitory failure, with secondary's closely linked to the same way the flu kills the elderly:

In people with underlying conditions it can cause kidney or other failure from dehydration. Unless you have a link I am doubtful that covid was the primary cause of a five year old dying especially if she asymptomatic.

Cytokine storms don't care.
"It's how we roll,
Dunning-Krueger out of control
(Girl, look at that gross margin)"
- TGRR

Evil doesn't work without good people. Good people will do the most repugnant, nasty shit for what they think are "the right reasons"

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 09, 2020, 04:25:01 pm »
That can happen, (can happen with a lot of conditions not just Covid) but its not the norm, nor even attributed to a  substantial number of the deaths. Its even rarer that it comes on suddenly, generally its a progression of at least a couple of days
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

• Still chasing after the Eternal question, "What IS a Juggalo?"
  • Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 09, 2020, 06:57:28 pm »
This little argument is a bit... Morbid. Pun out of the way as of a couple months ago (just before cdc shit the bed entirely) the death rate among known cases with no comorbidities was about 6% of cases but that IS NOT a measure of overall fatal action.

https://www.livescience.com/amp/covid-19-comorbidities.html

Now I consider 6% pretty damn significant. That folks who had a perfectly clean bill of health.. But just having a chronic ailment doesn't mean it was the reason you dies at all.

Trump v Fauci in article

Quote from: Donnie
"This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age."

Quote from: Dr. Fauci
"The numbers you've been hearing — there are 180,000-plus deaths — are real deaths from COVID-19. Let there not be any confusion about that,"

Ask yourselves who sounds most like Trump's position here?

Just because someone had a touch of high blood pressure going in doesn't mean they didn't drown in their oun blood, pus, and scar tissue, or suffer CNS, cardiac, or other organ failure, or get eaten by their own immune system, entirely independently of that fact.

1,266,074 deaths globally as of right now.

At 6% (arbitrarily for estimation) that's about 75,960 quite fit people dead just by this little "flu-like" buggerer.

If you like you can say verbally that each was insubstantial. Averaging one per minute you should be done in about 52 days if no further such mortalities come up.

And again I MUST emphasize that in many cases the dead are kinda the lucky ones. Chronic illness "long COVID" is ruining more folks physically, mentally, and financially(US especially here) than I care to think upon.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
 - Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Faust

• Tyrannical Overlord
  • Deserved It
  • The Greasy Strangler
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 12, 2020, 10:00:22 am »
Sorry, I'm trying not to be morbid, one of the things I've been observing is the comorbidity rates and have been assisting in a small data project on that. I have a form of cystic fibrosis variant, I'm one of the very lucky people that it has just affected my breathing and not pancreas etc, but because of that I wanted to make sure this thing wouldn't kill me (it probably will). So far in Ireland the CF kids (the ones who really show symptoms), have been kept in strict isolation, we haven't had any cases thankfully but the fear is that if they got this it would do them in.

I wasn't disputing the death rates I was examining the asymptomatic sudden death effect you described, so far the deaths we have observed all manifested symptoms at least two to three days before, the date of severe symptoms tends to kick in between the 10-12 day mark. In that girls case the tiredness was one symptom, so not asymptomatic but still considered a mild symptom, a sudden fever could have done whats attributed.

So far we haven't observed otherwise healthy people who suddenly die from this, they all deteriorate, some within a day or so, some over weeks. The total death rate is 5.7, it is closer to 3-4% for the Under fifties and much much higher the older you get. There is an unfortunate effect that has happened in Italy and other places, as soon as the ICU is swamped, and there are no more respirators all further patients chance of survival drops dramatically, its harder to quantify but Ive seen an effective death rate of > 10% if the hospital resources aren't available.

The severity and type of comorbidity directly comes into play on chances of survival, high blood pressure as you say, obvious ones like asthma, etc but its a much smaller pool to work with as I said I have had a sample size of <1000 to examine
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:04:06 pm by Faust »
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Wizard Joseph

• Still chasing after the Eternal question, "What IS a Juggalo?"
  • Deserved It
  • Product of Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: Yesterday at 09:40:29 pm »
Just a horrible note on the current American trends at the moment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-surge-200-000-cases-042103965.html

The U.S. reported 2,777 coronavirus-related deaths on Wednesday alone, according to an NBC News tally. The country registered nearly 205,000 new cases of Covid-19 on the same day, a figure that comes just a month after the U.S. single-day record topped 100,000 cases for the first time.

Meanwhile, more people than ever are hospitalized. The Covid Tracking Project reported that 100,000 people were hospitalized across the country.

The country has tallied 14,007,908 cases and 274,311 deaths since the pandemic began, according to an NBC News tally.

That's double the daily known new cases in a month. It will almost certainly double again in less than that. That's really all I have to say. Everything else is pretty much upthread.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
 - Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl