News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Wildfires force state of emergency for 500 Russian towns

Started by Adios, August 02, 2010, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Russian authorities have imposed a state of emergency around about 500 towns and villages because of wildfires burning across the west of the country, officials said Monday.

Most of the fires -- among the worst ever to hit the region -- were started accidentally by people burning garbage, dropping cigarettes, or failing to extinguish campfires or barbecues properly, Emergency Situations Ministry representative Irina Andrianova said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/08/02/russia.wildfires/index.html?hpt=T2

Jasper

Can it really be considered an accident if you were burning your garbage?   wtf Russia.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Noooooo, they're drowning remember???  Not on fire!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Khara on August 02, 2010, 10:46:58 PM

That's Pakistan, not Russia. I'm not entirely sure if you were serious or not, but it confused me for a moment as well, since I heard about both disasters in a short time.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Let's see...A fire, a flood, child abuse...  What prophecy does that fulfill again?

Adios

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 03, 2010, 12:36:08 AM
Quote from: Khara on August 02, 2010, 10:46:58 PM

That's Pakistan, not Russia. I'm not entirely sure if you were serious or not, but it confused me for a moment as well, since I heard about both disasters in a short time.

About 1000 russians have also drowned swimming while drunk.

Cain

Quote from: Sigmatic on August 03, 2010, 03:08:21 AM
Let's see...A fire, a flood, child abuse...  What prophecy does that fulfill again?

The one which says "living in Russia fucking sucks, man"?

Adios

Quote from: Cain on August 03, 2010, 03:31:14 AM
Quote from: Sigmatic on August 03, 2010, 03:08:21 AM

The one which says "living in Russia fucking sucks, man"?

But the passion and penchant for tragedy!

Jasper

That's a sensible prophecy.  Nostradamus really missed a bet with that one.

The Johnny

This reminded me of an 8-bit Theater strip where they drown in fire (also marginally of the DrownBall Olympics).

But i looked in over 500 strips and i cannot find it  :sad:
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

Living in Russia is basically like being shat on by all of history.

Jasper

That bad?  I need to read up on russian history more.  Sounds funny.

Cain

Russian history really starts with the Mongol invasion.  Then things got worse.

Jasper

The Johnny

Joh'Nyx (1) - Internet (0)

I call this "Going for groceries in Russia".

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner