News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Intermittens #7 Operation Mindfuck

Started by Sheered Völva, February 05, 2009, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

i had a rekated idea that im not sure is a standalone or a good appendix for this issue

a collection of the best postergams and memebombs
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Cramulus on February 11, 2009, 01:05:47 AM
The Republican-American on some Discordian internet groups

Is this for real? I got to see if I can get permission to use it. Anybody know anyone involved in The Republican-American?

Sheered Völva

Quote from: NARF! on February 10, 2009, 08:58:27 AM
i had a rekated idea that im not sure is a standalone or a good appendix for this issue

a collection of the best postergams and memebombs

Our minds are on the same track! (Maybe that means we both need therapy).

Email me or post what you got! (Email at top of this thread).

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 11, 2009, 05:30:36 AM

Is this for real? I got to see if I can get permission to use it. Anybody know anyone involved in The Republican-American?

It's a real web page, if that's what you're asking.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Iason Ouabache

QuoteBut recently, Forrest's forum came under attack by internet trolls, hostile users attempting to decrease the signal-to-noise ratio of the internet. "I posted a picture of my son, Roy," she said, "and someone took the picture and added pterodactyls to it using MS Paint. The pterodactyls were eating my son!" Though the image was of exceptionally low quality, the graphic still disturbed her.

:spittake: :pax:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

uh loki i was merely thinking of using the ones laying around here
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: Philly Fillet on February 05, 2009, 08:11:31 PMi wouldn't mid typing up a few, erm, "exposés" of some really easy, but highly effective magic tricks, a la Derren Brown. (He's such a badass.)

they're good especially for practicing persuasion techniques, as they illustrate quite well how the art of suggestion is taylored and utilized. (By the by, if anyone has any good material on cold reading, please to PM.)

hell yeah, I was reading Derren Brown's book (linked somewhere here, or somewhere in Cain's old ebook-packs), and he explained this very simple coin-trick (not gonna explain it right now, but he explains the suggestions and misdirections behind its workings quite well). I practiced it twice while reading the book, tried it on my best friend the next day, and wow it worked! :) he did of course guess "you probably made it disappear by dropping it in your lap at some point", but he had to admit he couldnt see how I did it. I had to repeat the trick 3 or 4 times before he figured it out. Later, I showed it to my girlfriend, and afterwards had her perform the trick for me, hell, even while knowing what was going on, it still could've fooled me. indeed, bad-ass.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Critique: I'm not sure if "signal-to-noise ratio" would normally be used for an article like this, much less three separate times.

Cramulus

know what might be appropriate? since this is an OMF issue, some people might want to protect their identities. They could use an anagramic code name - like "Cramulus" could be "Muscular" for example.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on February 12, 2009, 03:20:14 PM
know what might be appropriate? since this is an OMF issue, some people might want to protect their identities. They could use an anagramic code name - like "Cramulus" could be "Muscular" for example.

Just how long have you been waiting for an excuse to use that?