News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

What the Fuck is Wrong with Walking?

Started by Corvidia, April 14, 2009, 08:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novatore

Maybe you can start your own thread for your hippie wank agenda.

nah thats cool, thanks for the invite though. really its an uphill battle with you but dammit i think you all are alright
i think i will go hold a prayer circle vigil to bring you all over to my side

LMNO

"And in the end, it was all a sociological experiment."
    /
:roflcake:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Novatore on May 08, 2009, 04:43:32 PM

nah thats cool, thanks for the invite though. really its an uphill battle with you but dammit i think you all are alright

Basically, if you continue to be rude and act like a dick and deliberately derail other people's threads, no one will like you because they will perceive you as a rude dick and a thread-derailer.

Why do you think that would be?

Do you also act like this in person, with your friends?

How about at work?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 07, 2009, 07:47:32 PM
Quote from: Novatore on May 07, 2009, 05:39:26 PM
god your fucking idiots
just cause everyone is doing it doesnt mean shit
you will all spend your next thousand life times stuck in cages prodded and then murdered for nothing
bwaa haa haa haa
cheers
:lulz:

oh jeezus. not only are you one of those retarded "anarcho-vegans", you also believe in fairy tales?

I take back what I said about wanting you to go elsewhere. Please keep injecting this place with LAIL.

Toldja.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Novatore on May 06, 2009, 04:58:59 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 06, 2009, 04:48:06 PM
for a minute I thought you actually had something intelligent to say.

and then I got to THIS:

Quote from: Novatore...which in turn heeps large scale genocide on animals.

Most people don't care, but there is something mildly fucked up when you consider that approximately 856 million cows are slaughtered every eight months. And that's not including other animals which are slaughtered or the massive decimation of species due to the widespread expansion of humans which has largely been facilitated by car culture.

guess genocide is funny didn't know....

Who cares?  They're only cows.

Filthy hippie.   :lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Novatore on May 08, 2009, 04:43:32 PM

Making friends fast, I see.

LMNO

I think you need to revisit the definition of "genocide".

The purpose of the cattle industry is not to wipe out all cows from the face of the earth.  That would be bad for business.

Cain

Equally, the aim of Nazi Germany was not to grow Jews in clean, green fields for milking and consumption by the German population.

(Someone had to go there).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 11, 2009, 02:23:35 PM
Equally, the aim of Nazi Germany was not to grow Jews in clean, green fields for milking and consumption by the German population.

:lulz: or  :horrormirth: ?  You be the judge.

LMNO

Well, it's an interesting mental picture, at least.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Back to the OP:

M'kay, picture this.
You live in Florida. It's currently 94F with humidity at 60%. That means your sweat won't dry. And you will sweat. Everything you need to get to (like work or a store for groceries whatever) is between 6 and 15 miles away.
You gonna walk?
You wanna go to work and sit in an office full of people smelling like a goat?

A city block here is about 5 NY city blocks. We have shit for public transportation and heat stroke is no fucking joke.
Many here have no choice. We have to drive. As much as I may not want to cause my car IS, in fact, a gas guzzling piece of shit, I have to.
I do complain about getting fat, I do drive to the Starbucks drive through every day for my grande iced coffee with cinnamon dolce syrup and a splash of half and half and I do hate that I have to drive there. But I do it anyway.
I don't live in a place where walking everywhere is an option.
Sure wish I did.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on May 11, 2009, 02:23:35 PM

Also the idea of "Set them free so they will naturally migrate to where they are needed most" didnt exactly work as planned.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Oh man, I considered going there, and then decided to back out, at the last minute.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Squid on May 11, 2009, 05:02:18 PM
Back to the OP:

M'kay, picture this.
You live in Florida. It's currently 94F with humidity at 60%. That means your sweat won't dry. And you will sweat. Everything you need to get to (like work or a store for groceries whatever) is between 6 and 15 miles away.
You gonna walk?

A city block here is about 5 NY city blocks. We have shit for public transportation and heat stroke is no fucking joke.
Many here have no choice. We have to drive. As much as I may not want to cause my car IS, in fact, a gas guzzling piece of shit, I have to.
I do complain about getting fat, I do drive to the Starbucks drive through every day for my grande iced coffee with cinnamon dolce syrup and a splash of half and half and I do hate that I have to drive there. But I do it anyway.
Sure wish I did.

I hear you. Thank god the Seminoles had all those SUVs, huh?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on May 12, 2009, 03:58:06 AM
Quote from: Squid on May 11, 2009, 05:02:18 PM
Back to the OP:

M'kay, picture this.
You gonna walk?

Sure wish I did.

I hear you. Thank god the Seminoles had all those SUVs, huh?

TOTALLY!!

(haven't been here in a while have you)