News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Flyer #5

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 06, 2006, 01:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_W

Quote from: Lady Godiva
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe
Quote from: Lady GodivaHeres some pics from the park's website.

http://www.wooster.net/kiwanis/gazebo.htm

I think there are two outlets, by "creek" I meant something small enough to step over, the pond is about ten feet deep at its deepest, the surrounding area is thin woods, and a great big old soccer/lacross field with a baseball diamond. No idea how receptive people would be.

Ooooooo....you got some problems.

Lemme start from observation. First big thing I see from the pictures: the lawns run right up to the shore. And there is no wetland vegitation. The water is, at least, very turbid (cloudy), caused either by sediments or organic matter. No inlets, which means all the water comming in is from groundwater, seepage from the surrounding area. And the fertilizer they dump on the soccer field/baseball diamond probably doesn't help matters much. I bet they fertilize the lawn on the grounds too.

Landscaping mulch right up to the water.....*sigh* when will these people learn.

Whats the substrate (the bottom material) of the pond, and then is it the same for the oulets? How large is the pond?

The depth is gonna work against you. 10 feet is usually within the littoral zone, even in turbid waters. Whats the aquatic vegitation like (if any)?

Yuh-huh! There is so an inlet! Theres a creek!

Okay, so, what did the construction entail? Did they just widen out the creek bed and thereby create a flowage lake? Or did they redirect the flowage of the creek into the site? Or are the creeks man made as well?

I before thought you ment two outlets but you probably ment an inlet and an outlet, which entails a flowage lake, not a drainage lake. They are hydrologically very different and it causes for interesting effects.

Plus, you say woods for the surrounding area, but I just see a park with trees and lawn. Woodland entails a canopy, shrublayer, and herbacious layer (wildflowers and such); or at least for a natural woodland this is how it plays out.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Michal

I have no idea what they did. None whatsoever.
Reverend-Saint Michal, KSC
Psychotik Lobster Cabal
Guardian of the Eternal Loogie
Sporadic Asshat, Minor Annoyance

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Michal

That pic is so yoinked, Tigger!
Psychotik Lobster Cabal

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerFreedom is something you seize.  And you give the people you're seizing it from a fucking rupture.

B_M_W

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Dammit Roger, is it the threadjack? Just TELL me already!
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

Michal

I think Tigger is cranky cuz we jacked the thread. But with Tigger, one never knows.
Psychotik Lobster Cabal

B_M_W

Quote from: Lady GodivaI think Tigger is cranky cuz we jacked the thread. But with Tigger, one never knows.

Well, if its about the threadjack I can just delete all my posts, and move this to PM, if you want to continue.

Michal

I think I've got enough here to talk to some people about some stuff... I could get my mom to start some sorta something-or-other to fix this.

LG,
-Had no idea it was this bad.
Psychotik Lobster Cabal

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Lady GodivaI think Tigger is cranky cuz we jacked the thread. But with Tigger, one never knows.

Well, if its about the threadjack I can just delete all my posts, and move this to PM, if you want to continue.

Naw.  :lol:

TGRR,
Is just getting his asshat on.

Michal

Tigger? Will you marry my mom?
Psychotik Lobster Cabal

B_M_W

Quote from: Lady GodivaTigger? Will you marry my mom?

No offense, but I think both your mom and Roger would be murdered in their sleep by Maria.

The Good Reverend Roger

No offense, but I think both your mom and Roger would be murdered in their sleep by Maria.

Naw.  Maria isn't that patient. :lol:

OW!

B_M_W

OW!

:lol: And the "buns of steel" incident did nothing to temper her bloodlust?

The Good Reverend Roger

OW!

:lol: And the "buns of steel" incident did nothing to temper her bloodlust?

She's still promising dire revenge.  :shock: