News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Main Menu

Psychedelics question

Started by Dalek, August 13, 2010, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Being a horrible cunt takes WORK and PRACTICE.

DEM is a cunt posuer.
Molon Lube

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 27, 2010, 06:18:50 PM
Quote from: DeusExMachina on August 27, 2010, 06:13:53 PM

1. I really could not care less, why the fuck would i claim i was insane? I will not even bother trying to argue about self-diagnosis.

2. You can say i am full of shit as much as you like it will not change my mind about what i know i went through.  I don't need a red fucking ribbon from some quack or from anyone else i could not give a fuck about validation.  Live with it.    

1) because you want to be special, presumably.

1A) there is no argument to be made regarding self-diagnosis, unless you are a trained medical professional in the mental health field. Otherwise you have no objective basis for diagnosing yourself as having gone insane.

2) so, you KNOW you went without sleep for 20 straight days. Oh, except for all the naps you took, but those don't count. But maybe it only FELT like 20 days, even though you originally stated in in concrete terms. Correct me if I've missed something.

I think even a trained mental health professional might have trouble doing a self diagnoses, since it really is impossible not to be biased in that sort of thing.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: BadBeast on August 27, 2010, 06:57:33 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 27, 2010, 06:20:02 PM
so far, I've checked off "not real discordians" and "you're all entertaining me".

any bets on which one comes next?
"I don't need you to validate what I already know to be true" Is that one? #6 said something like that anyway, and he was exemplary.

That has to be one.  I think most of the trolls capable of expressing themselves have said it at one point or another.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: BadBeast on August 27, 2010, 06:57:33 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 27, 2010, 06:20:02 PM
so far, I've checked off "not real discordians" and "you're all entertaining me".

any bets on which one comes next?
"I don't need you to validate what I already know to be true" Is that one? #6 said something like that anyway, and he was exemplary.

He's already done that one

Quote from: DeusExMachina on August 27, 2010, 06:13:53 PM
There has not been one post you have given me any validity for so there is no change there.
All your posts say i fucking hate you, fuck off my world.
Asinine comments, in your opinion.
I do not need to lie to fill some inadequacy and i would rather someone put me straight if i am wrong hence why i haven't gotten angry or upset.

1. I really could not care less, why the fuck would i claim i was insane? I will not even bother trying to argue about self-diagnosis.

2. You can say i am full of shit as much as you like it will not change my mind about what i know i went through.  I don't need a red fucking ribbon from some quack or from anyone else i could not give a fuck about validation.  Live with it.   

also, the harder you fight, the more comical this becomes for the rest of us. YOU CAN DO IT!
Ya' stupid Yank.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 27, 2010, 06:59:19 PM
Quote from: Exit City Hustle on August 27, 2010, 06:38:11 PM
Quote from: DeusExMachina on August 26, 2010, 09:53:25 PM
the fact that i had not slept for about twenty days

i am not insane but paradoxically i am, but i am sane as well. 

these are both concrete statements, presented as fact. So I may be misrepresenting what you meant, but not what you actually said. If you aren't able to say what you mean, that's nobody's fault but yours.

but I still think you were probably just full of shit.

bumped, because I don't think he'll be able to come up with a response to this.

still waiting to hear how I "misrepresented" what DEM said...
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Alphapance on August 27, 2010, 03:19:43 PM
I was awake for 20 days, but not in a row.

And I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.
             \\

DeusExMachina

I think you have to travel to insanity and view it objectively, come back to sanity and view it objectively.  I have found that drugs can take you near but unless you have a near death experience with them you will only get close.  I went to insanity once, admittedly i was smoking weed at the time but it was the fact that i had not slept for about twenty days that took me to the point where the walls fell down and my mind was about to go to the point of no return.  Anyway after watching the show for a little while and feeling physical effects from what i was seeing i decided enough and ended it. Now i have quite a gift for understanding and communicating  with people who are "insane", i am not insane but paradoxically i am, but i am sane as well.

In my opinion drugs take a lot longer to send you insane but they gradually show you a perspective from an insane viewpoint where all conventional  sanity is seen as insanity, useful for dipping into occasionally to break the spell if you will from mass hypnosis not only from media but from language and communication.  I would prefer an alternative and i think the only one would be deep meditation.  Maybe i will get back to that once i stop smoking.   

Back by popular demand for ECH.  Whats your point? about me saying the word fact? I know that i actually didn't sleep for about twenty days, you don't.
'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.'
-George Carlin

'Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.'

- Albert Einstein

Kai

Excuse me? Fuck what you know about insanity.

/Fuck/ it.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

DeusExMachina

Nothing apparently. I also don't have the gift of being able to diagnose insanity over a forum post like so many others on here seem so adept at.  Perhaps there is a class i can take. 
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

LMNO

There's a pretty handy rule of thumb, to be quite honest.

"Anyone who makes a casual, offhand, or even light-hearted reference to 'being insane', or who appears to be bragging about it, or otherwise claiming to be crazy in an attempt to distance themselves from normalcy, has never been insane."

Disco Pickle

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 04:47:33 PM
Nothing apparently. I also don't have the gift of being able to diagnose insanity over a forum post like so many others on here seem so adept at.  Perhaps there is a class i can take. 

It's actually quite easy to determine insanity from posts on a forum.

A lot of what you've said has been completely bat shit insane.

whether you actually believe the bat shit insanity that you've moved from your brain to a keyboard to this forum?

well that's the litmus test now, isn't it?
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

DeusExMachina

True but i wasn't attempting to distance myself from normality or use it to show off, i was just saying it "matter of factly" and using it as an example to explain the use of psychedelic drugs and to discourage the use of them.

Well i don't think what i have said is completely bat shit insane.  Perhaps except seeing a seven foot tall apparent demon and what i described.  I do however believe that what i experienced was not my imagination and whatever i encountered was real/a manifestation that i was tuned into.

So whatever
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Thurnez Isa

If you haven't slept for more then 7 days go see a doctor immediately.
Hallucination might be the least of your problems. People can actually die from lack of sleep, especially if they are taking toxins, or too much food to keep their body full of energy.
Again if you haven't slept for more then 7 days go to emergency right away.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 03:48:33 PM
I think you have to travel to insanity and view it objectively, come back to sanity and view it objectively.  I have found that drugs can take you near but unless you have a near death experience with them you will only get close.  I went to insanity once, admittedly i was smoking weed at the time but it was the fact that i had not slept for about twenty days that took me to the point where the walls fell down and my mind was about to go to the point of no return.  Anyway after watching the show for a little while and feeling physical effects from what i was seeing i decided enough and ended it. Now i have quite a gift for understanding and communicating  with people who are "insane", i am not insane but paradoxically i am, but i am sane as well.

In my opinion drugs take a lot longer to send you insane but they gradually show you a perspective from an insane viewpoint where all conventional  sanity is seen as insanity, useful for dipping into occasionally to break the spell if you will from mass hypnosis not only from media but from language and communication.  I would prefer an alternative and i think the only one would be deep meditation.  Maybe i will get back to that once i stop smoking.   

Back by popular demand for ECH.  Whats your point? about me saying the word fact? I know that i actually didn't sleep for about twenty days, you don't.

You'd be dead from renal failure, you bullshitter.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: DeusExMachina on September 02, 2010, 04:47:33 PM

Why?  You already seem to be a fully medically-qualified self-diagnosing physician.
Molon Lube