News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

ATTN: BLEACHERS

Started by Lies, June 30, 2011, 06:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on July 01, 2011, 08:53:41 AM
Fuck yeah dude!  I got hooked on it recently.  I'm rereading it to kill time until it's updated again.

OMG EFO and EFOEXGF are obsessed with Homestuck, to the point of cosplay. (But they are 13 so I forgive them the cosplay).
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Lies

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 01, 2011, 02:41:52 PM
Quote from: Lies on July 01, 2011, 06:13:38 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 01, 2011, 06:03:28 AM
Quote from: Lies on July 01, 2011, 05:54:00 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on July 01, 2011, 05:48:46 AM
Honestly, I don't think that Lysergic was trying to offend anyone, obviously since most of us are Bleachers, and I think everyone is part Bleacher at the least (correct me if I'm wrong), but maybe he needed to blow off some steam? Sort of like, tried to go for the lulz, but fell short? I dunno, I'm not a prison colonist.

Also, I thought he was part Native Australian, but he's part Asian?

Twid,
realizing that sometimes being here a year and a half still kinda makes you a noob sometimes....
Also thinks Bleacher sounds funny.

I'm glad to see *someone* around here is able to use their brains.

Here's the big secret: I'M HALF BLEACHER. OH NOES THE SHAME

What's the other half? (genuinely curious at this point)

Also, I am sad to inform you that Americans do actually consider Australia to have a worse problem with racism than we do. FYI.
The other half is filipino.

And I think it's hilarious that Australians consider Americans to be the worst offenders of racism and you guys believe it the other way. The irony is just amazing.

OK.  :lulz: I am having a hard time believing that you really don't know that Australia is considered the absolute worst of the worst when it comes to treatment of aborigines. As in, movies have been made about it, books have been written, and it's not because of a hideous history, (which is amply shared by the US) it's because the horrible treatment continues to the present day. As, indeed, it also does here, but not to the same ugly degree.

During MY lifetime, Lies, Aboriginal children were still being stolen from their mothers. By the government.
I'm not fucking defending Australia, seriously, I know out history is fucked up. I don't think we're fucking saints. I'm just saying, I find it funny, that if you ask "in general, do you think americans are racist" you'd find people will generally say yes.
And it's the same case from where you are as well.
People are shit, all over.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Lies on July 01, 2011, 02:57:42 PM
Honestly, I don't think that Lysergic was trying to offend anyone, obviously since most of us are Bleachers, and I think everyone is part Bleacher at the least (correct me if I'm wrong), but maybe he needed to blow off some steam? Sort of like, tried to go for the lulz, but fell short? I dunno, I'm not a prison colonist.

Twid,
realizing that sometimes being here a year and a half still kinda makes you a noob sometimes....

Also, I am sad to inform you that Americans do actually consider Australia to have a worse problem with racism than we do. FYI.

And I think it's hilarious that Australians consider Americans to be the worst offenders of racism and you guys believe it the other way. The irony is just amazing.

OK.  :lulz: I am having a hard time believing that you really don't know that Australia is considered the absolute worst of the worst when it comes to treatment of aborigines. As in, movies have been made about it, books have been written, and it's not because of a hideous history, (which is amply shared by the US) it's because the horrible treatment continues to the present day. As, indeed, it also does here, but not to the same ugly degree.

During MY lifetime, Lies, Aboriginal children were still being stolen from their mothers. By the government.
I'm not fucking defending Australia, seriously, I know out history is fucked up. I don't think we're fucking saints. I'm just saying, I find it funny, that if you ask "in general, do you think americans are racist" you'd find people will generally say yes.

Yeah, so maybe quit actively perpetuating racism for sport, hey kiddo?

Lies

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 01, 2011, 03:29:59 PM

Twid,

I suppose you think Jonathan Swift was serious as well huh.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Payne

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 01, 2011, 03:04:54 PM
Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 01, 2011, 01:19:58 AM

Hey that's where I slept on DoD'09 !!!

We had the deluxe version, with green netting and polythene sheets though.

And Franco's Fish Shop across the road. I bet this one doesn't have a Franco's.

LMNO

Quote from: Lies on July 01, 2011, 03:33:54 PM

Really?  You're comparing your parody of reverse racism to one of the greatest satirists of all time?

Mighty presumptuous, my good man.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: DANGEROUS DOPE FIEND on July 01, 2011, 03:29:59 PM

Twid,

As I said YESTERDAY, it was obviously a joke. A bad one, which fell flat.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on July 01, 2011, 03:40:49 PM

Really?  You're comparing your parody of reverse racism to one of the greatest satirists of all time?

He doesn't have the mad skillz.

Lies

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on July 01, 2011, 03:40:49 PM

Lets just say, I was kinda trying to channel his spirit.

Just because it doesn't live up to your expectations, doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there, such as myself, who think's it a brilliant parody of what racism is.

Do you seriously think I believe *ANY* of those things I wrote?
Really? At what point do my ramblings suggest I want you to be taking me seriously?
Where the self-depreciating acronyms seem like they would really be an idea you'd want to promote?
IM NOT PROMOTING RACISM HERE GUYS, WHAT I WROTE WAS FUCKING STUPID, IT WAS MEANT TO BE STUPID, CUS THATS ALL RACISM CAN EVER BE, STUPIDITY.

My god, do you really think I use the word bleachers to seriously distinguish you from people I like?
It's just a made up fucking word that meant seating and a chemical wash product, it's NOT A REAL INSULT.
The fact that it's got people like Roger so worked up just drove me to want to push it further. Fuck, it was a throwaway gag that I decided to roll with, and now you all think I'm supporting racism?

Get fucked.
I have aboriginal friends ok, I don't fucking oppress them, I smoke weed with them.
As I do with my bleacher friends.
As I do with my yellow menace asian invasion friends.

Here's my version of people I'd prefer to live with and would separate people I like and don't like with a simple test:
Do you smoke green? Do you care that I do?
Regardless of the first question, if your answer to the second question is a no, then I like you.
If your answer is a yes, I will not want to be around you and would prefer you go somewhere else if it bothers you what I do that doesn't harm anyone else.
Chances are, if you answer yes to the first question, you're generally not a racist because being racist takes effort.
If you say no to the first question, I don't care as long as you don't look down upon me for things that don't get in the way of what you want to do and believe.

You can be muslim, christian, pagan or mexican or european or black or white or blue or purple.
I don't give a fuck, as long as you don't bother me then I won't bother you, and I like people of all different races and creeds, and I also hate people in those races and creeds, as the old chestnut goes, I'm not racist, I hate all people equally.
- Oh it exists, and how!

LMNO

Quote from: Lies on July 01, 2011, 03:58:58 PM
I'm not racist, I hate all people equally.

How very Houyhnhnmian of you.

AFK

How can we dance when our Earth is turning? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

President Television

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on July 01, 2011, 04:10:20 PM
How can we dance when our Earth is turning? 

How can we sleep when the beds are burning?
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

AFK

The time has come, to say fair's fair.
To pay the rent, TO PAY OUR SHARE!!!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.