News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

DAILY REMINDER: YOU SHARE YOUR AIR WITH PEOPLE LIKE THIS.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 21, 2012, 02:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 04:11:08 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 21, 2012, 04:07:44 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on February 21, 2012, 04:00:51 AM
:horrormirth: That whole idea of sexy Jesus

And then Freeky was inspired.

Um, God's mad enough with Tucson already.  Don't let's get all crazy now.

It isn't my fault.  I'm not right.

Also, SEEEEEEEXAAAAAAAAY

JEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUUSSSS!!!!!!!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cain

Damn, Obama really is a monster.  Not only does he oversee an illegal assassination program and refuse to prosecute Wall Street bankers, he's responsible for hopscotch on sidewalks and blue ribbons at fairs being banned.

Luna

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on February 21, 2012, 04:21:46 AM
http://theworldhates.com/prayer/files/2011/04/sexy-jesus-300x283.jpg NSFW or Church.

There is an express bus to Hell for people like you.

You will be stuck in line behind the entire GoP slate of Presidential candidates, and be forced to listen as each one attempts to argue his or her way out of eternal damnation on technicalities.  As none of them has actually read the Bible and will be using what they wanted to hear as "gospel," at least you will be entertained.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 21, 2012, 10:55:44 AM
Damn, Obama really is a monster.  Not only does he oversee an illegal assassination program and refuse to prosecute Wall Street bankers, he's responsible for hopscotch on sidewalks and blue ribbons at fairs being banned.

AND KITE FLYING ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

If they just get rid of the Black guy, the youth of the nation will abandon their electronic toys, start attending church, and return to the pasttimes of previous generations.  It's all so obvious!  NOTHING WILL EVER HAVE TO CHANGE AGAIN!

Cainad (dec.)

Yeah, remember back in 00-08, when we had a proper Conservative president who made sure there was a red wagon in every backyard? It's just not the same America without executive-backed kite flying and state fairs.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on February 21, 2012, 03:44:29 PM
Yeah, remember back in 00-08, when we had a proper Conservative president who made sure there was a red wagon in every backyard? It's just not the same America without executive-backed kite flying and state fairs.

No, it's more like "once we get momentum in the election, we're dragging this great country back 60 years to when everything was perfect."

Never mind that in almost every way, 1950-1960 was the worst decade in American culture.

Luna

ROGER!  HELP!!

I...  I LIKE state fairs.  I like flying kites (though I haven't done it in forever, there apparently isn't room up here).
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on February 21, 2012, 03:51:41 PM

ROGER!  HELP!!

I...  I LIKE state fairs.  I like flying kites (though I haven't done it in forever, there apparently isn't room up here).

Then vote republican.  Then EVERYONE will be doing those things.

Scribbly

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 03:51:17 PM

No, it's more like "once we get momentum in the election, we're dragging this great country back 60 years to when everything was perfect."

Never mind that in almost every way, 1950-1960 was the worst decade in American culture.

Things were simpler back then, Roger. Everyone knew their place, and isn't that what is important?

You see, society is like a giant clock. Each citizen in it is a part, working in synch to make time tick just the way it is meant to.

When you get people operating outside their place, that's when things get messy. If people would just be happy with what they are allowed to have then the machinery wouldn't need so much, oiling, would it?
I had an existential crisis and all I got was this stupid gender.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition_Squid on February 21, 2012, 04:03:17 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 21, 2012, 03:51:17 PM

Things were simpler back then, Roger. Everyone knew their place, and isn't that what is important?

You see, society is like a giant clock. Each citizen in it is a part, working in synch to make time tick just the way it is meant to.

When you get people operating outside their place, that's when things get messy. If people would just be happy with what they are allowed to have then the machinery wouldn't need so much, oiling, would it?

Yeah, okay.  Who gets to wind the clock?

Interesting notes:  In the United States, the 1950s had:

1.  The worst juvenile delinquency in our history.
2.  The most unplanned/unwed pregnancies in our history, most of which involved teenagers.
3.  The worst levels of drug abuse, prescription and non-prescription, in our history.
4.  The highest levels of alcoholism in our history.
5.  The lowest point of race-relations since the 1800s.
6.  The worst levels of domestic violence in our history.

What it also had was a truly mind-numbing sense of conformity.  Wearing a different cut of suit or a different hat than everyone else could be the end of your career.

I'm reasonably certain that most of these issues stemmed directly from WWII, but that doesn't change the fact that these retards are trying to drag us back to the worst decade (in America) of the last century, out of some misplaced nostalgia for a time that never happened.