News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Serious question: spicy food

Started by Golden Applesauce, August 08, 2012, 04:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 09, 2012, 04:55:39 AM
Speaking of durian, I found small bottles of concentrated durian flavoring extract at Fubonn.

Needless to say, I intend to perpetrate unspeakable horrors.

Those are an actual food thing? I saw the whole Durian's at Fubonn and thought they were just there for Mario to have something spiky to throw at turtles and shit.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 09, 2012, 02:25:38 AM
Wasabi isn't even really spicy, it's more like just EXTREMELY pungent. But it doesn't linger.

That was kind of what I thought. I've never gotten persistent pain from either onion hot or horseradish hot...only pepper hot--which has hospitalized me.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

The Dark Monk

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 09, 2012, 09:57:00 PM
Speaking of durian, I found small bottles of concentrated durian flavoring extract at Fubonn.

Those are an actual food thing? I saw the whole Durian's at Fubonn and thought they were just there for Mario to have something spiky to throw at turtles and shit.

They smell like fresh puke and tastes like fresh puke. Had a Vietnamese friend that absolutely loved the stuff, I couldn't even handle being around it.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Even Andrew Zimmern can't handle Durian fruit... and he eats cheese with live worms in it.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 08, 2012, 04:43:22 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 08, 2012, 03:43:15 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 08, 2012, 03:01:53 PM
Quote from: Phox, The Abdicator on August 08, 2012, 05:12:00 AM
Ladies and not-ladies, this is why it's important to make sure you fully understand what something is before putting it in your mouth. Unless you are Roger.

MAKE SPARE MONEY AT HOME!

:spittake:

That's what the ad said.  "MAKE $$$ WORKING AT HOME!"

What they DIDN'T tell me is that the Rotary Club convention was in town, and every last one of those perverts has a thing for jamming fingers in your ear.  Now I'm deaf.

THANKS A LOT, OBAMA!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on August 09, 2012, 09:57:00 PM

I bought one for a party a few years ago.

PROTIP:

Don't do that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

East Coast Hustle

I actually like it. You just have to master the art of not smelling it while you're tasting it. It sounds like it shouldn't be able to be done, but it can be.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 10, 2012, 07:09:03 AM
I actually like it. You just have to master the art of not smelling it while you're tasting it. It sounds like it shouldn't be able to be done, but it can be.

I like it too. But nobody else did. :(

Freeky

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 10, 2012, 03:51:37 AM
Even Andrew Zimmern can't handle Durian fruit... and he eats cheese with live worms in it.

AIEEEEEEEEEEEE :vom: :nuke2:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I didn't know they made casu marzu in Nicaragua as well.

Fun fact: Nicaragua has the same disease and life expectancy profile as West Virginia!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 11, 2012, 02:04:27 AM

Fun fact: Nicaragua has the same disease and life expectancy profile as West Virginia!

There are very few things so revolting that I won't even try them once. Maggot cheese, however, totally fits the criteria.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 11, 2012, 02:55:59 AM
Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 11, 2012, 02:04:27 AM

There are very few things so revolting that I won't even try them once. Maggot cheese, however, totally fits the criteria.

Yeah, on one level I'd kind of like to try it, but on another level I don't think I could make myself do it.