How many people think men and women would think the same if not for culture?

Started by tarod, October 25, 2013, 10:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tarod

I'm somewhat curious after reading one of the other threads. Would you say Biology (gender related differences.) plays a role in the way people think?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tarod on October 25, 2013, 10:05:42 PM
I'm somewhat curious after reading one of the other threads. Would you say Biology (gender related differences.) plays a role in the way people think?

Of course.  How could it not?  We already know (and boy, have we demonstrated) that cortisol increases butthurt.  And we know that testosterone influences behavior.  And that girls are icky.

So yes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Payne

I am 110% more of an assbag when I have cooties all over me. And you only get cooties from Girls.

QED

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on October 25, 2013, 10:09:49 PM
I am 110% more of an assbag when I have cooties all over me. And you only get cooties from Girls.

QED

This is fact.  And I am guessing that Pixie is as much a cootie generator as Jenn is.

Nigel's cooties weigh 10 pounds apiece and sodomize your dog. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 25, 2013, 10:11:04 PM

QED

This is fact.  And I am guessing that Pixie is as much a cootie generator as Jenn is.

Pixies cooties bark at you when you aren't quite looking at them.

When you look directly at them, they aren't there.

When you don't look at them at all, they are writing theses that disprove their existence.

It's very trying.

tarod

Ummmmmk.  I was expecting to get my ass chewed by a couple people and one or two calling me stupid for asking.

So jokes are good I guess.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tarod on October 25, 2013, 10:19:29 PM
Ummmmmk.  I was expecting to get my ass chewed by a couple people and one or two calling me stupid for asking.

It was kind of an obvious question.

And look what cooties DO to people:

Payne

JOKES?

Just wait till Pixie or Nigel read this.

You = FUCKEDFOREVER.

I'm just fiddling before, during and after Rome burns.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on October 25, 2013, 10:21:29 PM
JOKES?

Just wait till Pixie or Nigel read this.

You = FUCKEDFOREVER.

I'm just fiddling before, during and after Rome burns.

He's right.  They're gonna have your nuts on the hibachi.

They are not on your side.

Payne

Actually hardly a day goes by when I don't fiddle just a little bit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on October 25, 2013, 10:22:09 PM
Actually hardly a day goes by when I don't fiddle just a little bit.

I'm fiddling right now.

Don't look.

Payne

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: tarod on October 25, 2013, 10:19:29 PM

Also, I'd hope we aren't THAT predictable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: tarod on October 25, 2013, 10:05:42 PM

Yes. Probably not as much as most people think, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 25, 2013, 10:11:04 PM

QED

The dog was asking for it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."