News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 12:30:04 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 11:58:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 11:53:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 10:45:25 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM
She's also the better of the two remaining options on my campus next term. The really good teacher isn't teaching the class next term, and the other decent teacher got a better job.

Which leaves me with the nice, but scattered teacher who has a terrible memory and is bad at math.

She may be nice, but she's putting things on tests that weren't covered in class, if I understand you correctly.

Yes, but she's also giving us notice that it will be in the test, and it's in the book and the homework. This is not like the guy I had a couple of terms ago who would test us on stuff he hadn't even introduced to us.

So, yeah, she should have covered this in class, but she ran out of time (snow days) but we're required to know it anyway, which is really not her fault (IUPAC regulations) and since we want our IUPAC certifications at the end of next term, we suck it up and learn on our own. And hope that spending all this time learning the stuff she ran out of time for doesn't turn into a liability because we should have been brushing up on stuff she DID go over in class.

Okay, that makes things more clear.

Yeah, the good news is that once I have the certificate I'll be able to apply for junior chemist jobs, if I get desperate.

The more qualifications the better.  Hell, our plant tends to hire AS/chemistry for lab techs, because BS/chemists are too expensive (although we have a couple, because straight up chemistry jobs in Tucson are kinda thin on the ground when the mines aren't active).

Yeah, I figure it certainly won't hurt to be more qualified in any lab, rather than less.

Captain Obvious would now like to tell you all kinds of cool shit about YOUR academic and/or workforce future!

:kojak:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I think I found it.

I wasn't even looking for it, and there it was!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Suu

I'm convinced my family caught a case of the Florida douchebag sometime between Christmas and now. My sister just ripped the pizza place she ordered a calzone from a new one with the most epic profanity I would NEVER use on the phone to another person, ever.

I'm pretty embarrassed to be in the same room with her. I mean, I get it, they fucked up your order, and the woman on the line was a bit snarky, but calling the woman a "fucking cunt ass stupid bitch" is unacceptable. And then she wonders why she didn't get anything for free.

Now she's walking around the house, at 10pm, screaming that her calzone is fucking disgusting, and wants to trash it. This is the 2nd time delivery food has been wasted in the house this week, and no matter what I say, she tells me I'm a fat fucking bitch and I should shut up. My brother can't even fix her right now.

Can I leave for the airport, yet?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on March 19, 2014, 01:11:33 AM
I'm convinced my family caught a case of the Florida douchebag sometime between Christmas and now. My sister just ripped the pizza place she ordered a calzone from a new one with the most epic profanity I would NEVER use on the phone to another person, ever.

I'm pretty embarrassed to be in the same room with her. I mean, I get it, they fucked up your order, and the woman on the line was a bit snarky, but calling the woman a "fucking cunt ass stupid bitch" is unacceptable. And then she wonders why she didn't get anything for free.

Now she's walking around the house, at 10pm, screaming that her calzone is fucking disgusting, and wants to trash it. This is the 2nd time delivery food has been wasted in the house this week, and no matter what I say, she tells me I'm a fat fucking bitch and I should shut up. My brother can't even fix her right now.

You probably should not tolerate that sort of abuse.  Perhaps if you punched her in the nose?

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 19, 2014, 01:13:56 AM

You probably should not tolerate that sort of abuse.  Perhaps if you punched her in the nose?

Straight in the fucking nose.

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

Suu, fun is fun; but that's not fun. It's rude.

Face punches and reality checks are in order.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 19, 2014, 12:33:53 AM
Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 12:30:04 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 11:58:13 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 11:53:48 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 10:45:25 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 18, 2014, 06:21:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on March 18, 2014, 06:04:26 PM
She's also the better of the two remaining options on my campus next term. The really good teacher isn't teaching the class next term, and the other decent teacher got a better job.

Which leaves me with the nice, but scattered teacher who has a terrible memory and is bad at math.

She may be nice, but she's putting things on tests that weren't covered in class, if I understand you correctly.

Yes, but she's also giving us notice that it will be in the test, and it's in the book and the homework. This is not like the guy I had a couple of terms ago who would test us on stuff he hadn't even introduced to us.

So, yeah, she should have covered this in class, but she ran out of time (snow days) but we're required to know it anyway, which is really not her fault (IUPAC regulations) and since we want our IUPAC certifications at the end of next term, we suck it up and learn on our own. And hope that spending all this time learning the stuff she ran out of time for doesn't turn into a liability because we should have been brushing up on stuff she DID go over in class.

Okay, that makes things more clear.

Yeah, the good news is that once I have the certificate I'll be able to apply for junior chemist jobs, if I get desperate.

The more qualifications the better.  Hell, our plant tends to hire AS/chemistry for lab techs, because BS/chemists are too expensive (although we have a couple, because straight up chemistry jobs in Tucson are kinda thin on the ground when the mines aren't active).

Yeah, I figure it certainly won't hurt to be more qualified in any lab, rather than less.

Captain Obvious would now like to tell you all kinds of cool shit about YOUR academic and/or workforce future!

:kojak:

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Wow

um, your sister sounds genuinely unbalanced.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

4 sets of 3 problems left. I don't know if I'm going to make it tonight, these are taking on average 20 minutes a problem.  What is the mole weight of the unknown if after adding 12.80 grams of the unknown to 254 grams of Benzene, the boiling point of the resulting solution is 80.661°C? The molecular weight of the unknown is please kill me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on March 19, 2014, 02:24:54 AM
4 sets of 3 problems left. I don't know if I'm going to make it tonight, these are taking on average 20 minutes a problem.  What is the mole weight of the unknown if after adding 12.80 grams of the unknown to 254 grams of Benzene, the boiling point of the resulting solution is 80.661°C? The molecular weight of the unknown is please kill me.

4 more hours?  Jesus H Christ.

Trivial

I started to try to work out the problem, but then my brain said the answer is cancer because benzene.
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Sir Squid Diddimus

The fuck is wrong with her??
She sounds like an entitled spoiled little bitch today.
Do I need to go over there and snap my foot off in her ass?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: UNREGISTERED SHARPIE USER on March 19, 2014, 02:39:16 AM

I started to try to work out the problem, but then my brain said the answer is cancer because benzene.

:lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 19, 2014, 02:37:39 AM

4 more hours?  Jesus H Christ.

Two of the problem sets turned out to be way way easier so I just blew through them, only two left. Totally manageable if I decide to hold off until the morning.