Author Topic: Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase  (Read 57848 times)

Doktor Howl

• Вся ваша база принадлежит нам
  • One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
Re: Open Bar: Free Russian Orphans with Every Purchase
« Reply #1185 on: August 08, 2018, 06:42:36 pm »
Wife's been down with strep for a week, in the middle of her preparing for her final apprentice exams (floristry). I'm fucking exhausted. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just looking forward to having my days in the usual routine.

I hope your wife gets better.  I am a little shocked that a combat florist would be knocked down by a little strep, though.

Strep sucks ass. I was fairly convinced I'd woken up with an especially aggressive and painful form of cancer when it hit me, and I've got goddamned tentacles for a face.

The nurse winced.

I am a walking strep factory.  I hardly notice the stuff anymore, but I trot in and get it checked in case it's the strain that causes rheumatic fever.  On account of I am a colony of A and B.  I am like humanity's appendix; here to re-infect you all if your biome gets too nice.

The Husband has gotten Scarlet Fever twice, so strep is an absolute code red in our household.

Scarlet fever or rheumatic fever?
"THUS SPAKE THE DESERT PROPHET ROGER, HIS EYES AGLAZE, HIS BALLS AFIRE, HIS HAIR RECEEDED DUE TO YOUR INABILITY TO SHUT UP"
- Junkenstien

"Locals and authorities are quick to act on suspicions that wartime arms may be lurking in their midst. Even police were convinced by one elderly German who reported finding an old bomb in his backyard, only for bomb clearance staff to conclude that the item was, in fact, a zucchini."
- Newsweek, 8/9/18

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 08, 2018, 06:44:35 pm »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/why-grocery-stores-will-win-the-meal-kit-wars/ar-BBLA3Xq?ocid=spartanntp

Chef'd, a meal kit startup that tried partnering with recognizable names like Atkins and Campbell Soup suddenly shuttered its home delivery service in mid-July. It's now trying to sell kits in grocery stores, which may be the right move, according to R.J. Hottovy, a senior restaurant analyst at Morningstar.

:lulz:

DO NEVER TEST.
"THUS SPAKE THE DESERT PROPHET ROGER, HIS EYES AGLAZE, HIS BALLS AFIRE, HIS HAIR RECEEDED DUE TO YOUR INABILITY TO SHUT UP"
- Junkenstien

"Locals and authorities are quick to act on suspicions that wartime arms may be lurking in their midst. Even police were convinced by one elderly German who reported finding an old bomb in his backyard, only for bomb clearance staff to conclude that the item was, in fact, a zucchini."
- Newsweek, 8/9/18

EK WAFFLR

• A Fairy-Tale Princess Trapped in a Viking Manbear's Body
  • Deserved It
  • Nordic Freakshow Armada of Sexhurt™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 10, 2018, 11:52:52 am »
Wife's been down with strep for a week, in the middle of her preparing for her final apprentice exams (floristry). I'm fucking exhausted. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Just looking forward to having my days in the usual routine.

I hope your wife gets better.  I am a little shocked that a combat florist would be knocked down by a little strep, though.
Hope you wife gets well soon.

also i would totally watch an anime about combat florists.

No, son, this is NORWAY, not Japan.  There is no anime.  It's all live action, and no stuntmen.  I've seen it happen.  Weaponized chrysanthemums are no way for a man to die.

After getting a second diagnosis of sinusitis on top of the strep, she passed her exams with flying colours today, proving that she's way over qualified to put up with me. But I don't complain.

She made the examiners (the people who decide whether your work is good or bad. I've no fecking idea what they're called in mercan) cry.
Whether this was because of her beautiful decorations or the fact that she made a rose shiv is unknown.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 10, 2018, 08:57:31 pm »
So, it's finally happened.  Management are restructuring the department.  Among the highlights of our new deal:

- A £4k pay cut
- Reduction of staff to a single person per shift
- Rota changes that will involve working 4 nights a week and, once a month, 7 days or nights in a row.
- That we still do all our existing duties except those with regard to safeguarding
- That staff on-site will have to move out
- That we will be effectively demoted to "residential assistant" roles from our current roles.
- 3 people will be made redundant due to lower staffing needs

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 10, 2018, 09:05:28 pm »
So, it's finally happened.  Management are restructuring the department.  Among the highlights of our new deal:

- A £4k pay cut
- Rota changes that will involve working 4 nights a week and, once a month, 7 days or nights in a row.
- That we still do all our existing duties except those with regard to safeguarding
- That we will be effectively demoted to "residential assistant" roles from our current roles.

What are their objectives, other than guaranteed abject failure?
- Junkenstien

- Newsweek, 8/9/18

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 10, 2018, 09:33:02 pm »
Make as much money as possible while paying as few people as possible, as little as possible.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 10, 2018, 10:26:08 pm »
Make as much money as possible while paying as few people as possible, as little as possible.

So, yeah.  Abject failure.

My guess is they are planning on unloading the contract or business onto some sucker, very soon.  With 9 months.
- Junkenstien

- Newsweek, 8/9/18

LuciferX

• Metanoia
  • Deserved It
  • fripping moncrey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 10, 2018, 10:29:39 pm »
Between now and then, what could possibly go wrong?
Hic Salta?
________
Constant Eso-Opthamologist of Elicited Stopped-Clock Illusions, brings it back, or sinners just repent______

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:09 pm »

Who cares?

By the time you see a stupid decision even happen, let alone the results of said stupid decision, the principal of the decision has already absconded with the loot, leaving one or more patsies behind.
- Junkenstien

- Newsweek, 8/9/18

Cain

• Alea iacta est
  • Chekha
  • Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 11, 2018, 01:08:48 am »

So, yeah.  Abject failure.

My guess is they are planning on unloading the contract or business onto some sucker, very soon.  With 9 months.

There may not even be a business in 9 months.  Brexit is coming, and no-one has a fucking clue how badly it might bugger up EU student numbers.

rong

• Deserved It
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 11, 2018, 01:27:14 am »
i got a new motorsickle

it is very fast

it looks like this:

it is correct
"he was a smart feller who felt smart"

LuciferX

• Metanoia
  • Deserved It
  • fripping moncrey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:17 am »

Who cares?

By the time you see a stupid decision even happen, let alone the results of said stupid decision, the principal of the decision has already absconded with the loot, leaving one or more patsies behind.
Nothing compares to you.
Hic Salta?
________
Constant Eso-Opthamologist of Elicited Stopped-Clock Illusions, brings it back, or sinners just repent______

Q. G. Pennyworth

• Slimy Thing Who
  • Deserved It
  • QUEEN BITCH OF FLYERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 13, 2018, 12:18:08 am »

Scarlet is what I have been told. He was 4 and 14 the times it happened, long before I was around.
Overheating Pheremone Pustule of Last Saturday's Jiggle Fun| _xgeWireToEvent: Unknown extension 131, this should never happen.

Don't fucking judge me, I've got tentacles for a face.

Doktor Howl

• One-Armed Jizz Moppers
  • Deserved It
  • Pants Wrecker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 13, 2018, 05:50:10 am »

Scarlet is what I have been told. He was 4 and 14 the times it happened, long before I was around.

Strep usually leads to rheumatic fever, which is deadly enough all by itself.
- Junkenstien

- Newsweek, 8/9/18

EK WAFFLR

• A Fairy-Tale Princess Trapped in a Viking Manbear's Body
  • Deserved It
  • Nordic Freakshow Armada of Sexhurt™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 13, 2018, 01:17:38 pm »

- A £4k pay cut

Holy shit.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]