News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Sermon #29: Taking Discordianism(tm) back.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 08, 2005, 10:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Wishfarple

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
TGRR,
Taking discordianism(tm) back.

Make sure you bring the receipt.   :?
His Right Most Honorable Super Hella Reverend Llama Wishfart Rinpoche of the Church of Ed Gein (Deceased),
Temple of Cleveland

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wizzle Fo Shizzle
TGRR,
Taking discordianism(tm) back.

Make sure you bring the receipt.   :?

I need no "receipt".  Take your paperwork and file it where the sun doesn't shine.

TGRR,
Doesn't have time for WalMart return policies.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Malaul

I might have to agree with rog for once

who'd'ov thought that would ever happen!
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes TodayRah!

good to have the Real(tm) you back.

8)

The Good Reverend is back, and ready to rumble.  

I should have about 3 sermons ready by the weekend.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

agent compassion

Well said, noodle.

Muffins all around!

::sits back, chomps a muffin and waits for the next rant::

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Bella

Verthaine is an Erisian, Roger. That's why he's never claimed to be a Discordian. The distinction is subtle, but real.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Horab Fibslager

i may disagree with roger what a discordian necesarily is or is defined by, but i too am a proud discordian, even arrogantly so at times. not everyone is a discordian, but everyone, every living creature and inanimate object, every paticle and atom and all that fancy stuff is a pawn of Our Lady of Confusion, wether or not they are aware of it or even willing. that plan regardless of it's nature might as well be a roll of the dice as far as any of us are concerned, as none of us are Her, wether or not they are as such.

also

HELL THE FUCK YEAH I AM ENLIGHTENED MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

wether or not i am any more enlightened than anyone else is irrelevant and not for me to decide.
Hell is other people.

Zurtok Khan

QuoteI am PROUD to toss sand in the gears

Pussy, thats what the BOULDERS are for.

And, I agree with you.

ZK,
Wants to have TGRR's babies.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Zurtok Khan

And, I agree with you.

ZK,

Boulders get you CAUGHT, kid.

Kids these days...no subtlety.  No finesse.

Ben

And, I agree with you.

ZK,

Tell that to tha terrorists.  Rock and roll!
As for me, I'm not a full-fledged Discordian, but give just enough of a shit to qualify for the discount.  My true real and actual religion is Quasianity.  I'm a half-assed Discordian, semi-Erisian, and sub-Subgenius.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OM

And, I agree with you.

ZK,

Tell that to tha terrorists.  Rock and roll!
As for me, I'm not a full-fledged Discordian, but give just enough of a shit to qualify for the discount.  My true real and actual religion is Quasianity.  I'm a half-assed Discordian, semi-Erisian, and sub-Subgenius.

I'm first and foremost a subgenius...I don't see much of a difference between the two, to tell you the truth.

Except that we Subgenii tend to be a little more aggressive about things.

Eldora, Oracle of Alchemy

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomVerthaine is an Erisian, Roger. That's why he's never claimed to be a Discordian. The distinction is subtle, but real.
Here's the thing, I have still not figured out where the dividing line is or which group I fit in, if either :?  Any words of Wisdom, Oracle?  Unless they include Doom, cuz right now I am full up on doom and don't need more, thanks :wink: