News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So today in my first official work meeting I learned that I'm not officially a research assistant but a researcher, and that I will be a co-author when we're done. I've also, along with my research partner (heretofore to be known as Research Buddy) been asked to take the lead in terms of selecting and contacting our candidates, as well as rewriting the script for our research conversations.

That's a lot to think about by next Wednesday.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Cain on April 01, 2014, 09:45:29 PM
Greek, I think.  I was doing research on other groups, so I wasn't able to look into them.  Usually the weird names are either Greek, Italian or Spanish/South American.

There was also Wild Geese of the Cities, Artisans' Cooperative of Fire And Related Products, Conspiracy of Cells of Fire, Council for the Destruction of Order, Deniers of Holidays, Enraged Revolutionaries and Core Conspirators for the Extension of Chaos.
:lulz:

Sita

It's amazing how fast an 11 year old can from being very happy to angry as hell to happy again.
Report cards were today. He did not do well.

After being told that his computer time is restricted to the weekend and that there would be no TV for an hour after he gets home from school (instead just being able to watch right after homework) he proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs, punch the sofa once or twice and then said that it wasn't fair and I shouldn't be able to be on the computer either then.

Due to his little outburst he got started on his homework late and actually ended up with 2 hours before tv tonight :lol:
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

Salty

Turns out the shooting from my.last night in glorious Mt View was a drive-by targeting some specific person but killed a random 15 year old girl.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on April 02, 2014, 01:27:53 AM
Turns out the shooting from my.last night in glorious Mt View was a drive-by targeting some specific person but killed a random 15 year old girl.

Aw, shit.   :sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Dammit.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Salty

Thank fuck I got out of there, and thank fuck I was lucky all the times I spent walking through that place. I guess the money I spent on cabs was worth it.

That poor girl and her poor family. I can't even imagine.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Ben Shapiro

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:sad:

Reginald Ret

I may be going on a business trip to Boulder, Colorado.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 08:45:33 PM
England is out, in favor OF...

...More Texas.  :tgrr:

If it's any consolation, the two become more similar by the day. If you ignore the weather anyway.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 02, 2014, 08:33:46 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 08:45:33 PM
England is out, in favor OF...

...More Texas.  :tgrr:

If it's any consolation, the two become more similar by the day. If you ignore the weather anyway.

Wait, wait, England may be back in the running.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Going to spend this evening doing recordings, as I have been remiss.

Also, the next two weeks will be my research project, so I sure as fuck wont be doing them then.  And, after a two week grace period, I'll be doing my final essay for the year. 

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on April 02, 2014, 02:13:54 PM
Going to spend this evening doing recordings, as I have been remiss.

:banana:

Also, the next two weeks will be my research project, so I sure as fuck wont be doing them then.  And, after a two week grace period, I'll be doing my final essay for the year.

:sadbanana: