News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Joseph- A very questionable Wizard

Started by The Wizard Joseph, August 24, 2011, 02:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

*ahem*

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2011, 08:34:37 PM
Quote from: Khara on August 26, 2011, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2011, 08:32:07 PM
This here vanity thread is a fucking toolbox.

:attentionwhore:  <--- ETA:  I guess I need to go emote hunting tonight.

You need to go take a picture of the jesus buttplug.....  :mrgreen:

No, this thread is more Sarah Palin/Paris Hilton.

Hilton with Palin eyes or Palin with Hilton eyes?

Jenne

Quote from: Donald Coyote on August 26, 2011, 11:26:13 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2011, 08:34:37 PM
Quote from: Khara on August 26, 2011, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 26, 2011, 08:32:07 PM
This here vanity thread is a fucking toolbox.

:attentionwhore:  <--- ETA:  I guess I need to go emote hunting tonight.

You need to go take a picture of the jesus buttplug.....  :mrgreen:

No, this thread is more Sarah Palin/Paris Hilton.

Hilton with Palin eyes or Palin with Hilton eyes?
...either way it's suck and fail...?

Anna Mae Bollocks

Nah.

Paris is shallow and spoiled and doesn't give a fuck, but I never got the creepy-crawlies from her. Just a good old party grrl who likes to fuck things up and happens to be filthy stinking rich.

Palin is death.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've never really understood the Paris Hilton hate. Here's why:

Say you're born into a wealthy family and your future is predetermined. No matter what you do, everyone will always view you as a spoiled brat born to privilege.

Do you

A. Toe the line and be a mannerly, well-behaved, uninteresting little lady

or

B. Troll the shit out of the media while living up the spoiled brat image as ridiculously over-the-top as possible?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: Nigel on August 27, 2011, 06:27:23 PM

Say you're born into a wealthy family and your future is predetermined. No matter what you do, everyone will always view you as a spoiled brat born to privilege.

Do you

or

B. Troll the shit out of the media while living up the spoiled brat image as ridiculously over-the-top as possible?

Ignore the bullshit and live your own life.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pancho on August 27, 2011, 06:37:11 PM

Do you

or

Well, the way I roll, that would fall under B.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nigel on August 27, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

Do you

or

I never had a problem with Paris either. I liked the first season of The Simple Life, she doesn't take herself seriously at all and those girls did a great GASM on the Sonic.

I suppose she could have more of a social conscience or whatever, she's in a position to shake some things up. But she's a long way from my shit list. She seems fun.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on August 27, 2011, 07:21:48 PM
Quote from: Nigel on August 27, 2011, 06:47:11 PM

Do you

or

I never had a problem with Paris either. I liked the first season of The Simple Life, she doesn't take herself seriously at all and those girls did a great GASM on the Sonic.

I suppose she could have more of a social conscience or whatever, she's in a position to shake some things up. But she's a long way from my shit list. She seems fun.

Also, she may have a social conscience and do things she keeps separate from her media persona. I say that mainly because if I were in her position, that's what I would do, and save the public activism for later in life after I'd established a high level of media exposure through shenanigans.

Cain

Really, apart from a few truly odious or moronic individuals, it's not the individual themselves, it's the vapid, emptyheaded bullshit that perfectly sums up "entertainment media" and celebrity worship (more driven by said media that profits off it than those who consume it) that gets on people's nerves.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2011, 10:30:57 PM
Really, apart from a few truly odious or moronic individuals, it's not the individual themselves, it's the vapid, emptyheaded bullshit that perfectly sums up "entertainment media" and celebrity worship (more driven by said media that profits off it than those who consume it) that gets on people's nerves.

Oh, that's plenty irritating. This is true. But it's also not that hard to (mostly) avoid if you don't watch TV or read magazines.

Cain

Yeah, I avoid it plenty easy, since I do both of those. 

But I think it's a variation on the Fundamental Attribution Error.  People find those things annoying, but they blame the subject of that attention, rather than the market for it (which would involve blaming themselves or those around them) or blaming the producers and distributors of it.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2011, 10:45:14 PM

But I think it's a variation on the Fundamental Attribution Error.  People find those things annoying, but they blame the subject of that attention, rather than the market for it (which would involve blaming themselves or those around them) or blaming the producers and distributors of it.

This.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2011, 10:45:14 PM

Ah, very good point!

Freeky

Quote from: Nigel on August 27, 2011, 10:38:12 PM
Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2011, 10:30:57 PM

Oh, that's plenty irritating. This is true. But it's also not that hard to (mostly) avoid if you don't watch TV or read magazines.

I personally don't know how people CAN read those things, or pay attention to the newest Celebrity Fuckup.  For one thing, normal people do that stuff all the time, so why does it have to be important?  And number two, every time I get exposed to E! news or the like, my brain goes :vom: "THIS IS STUPID."