Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Curbside Pickup Only
« Last post by Scribbly on Today at 09:24:04 am »
[...] or Canada where the MAID stuff seems like a pretty huge red flag.
Why, what have you been hearing?

Domestically, there were reports that a Veteran's Affairs caseworker was inappropriately recommending MAID to certain veterans (the employee was fired as a result).  And making MAID available for persons suffering from mental disorders is controversial, to say the least.  But, I'm not sure if that should be a basis for deciding to immigrate or not.

Setting that aside, Canada's medical system is heavily overloaded right now, which might be a reason not to move here, especially if you're in less than perfect health.  It's almost impossible to find a GP in many areas, and there were recently two cases of women in Nova Scotia dying while waiting for treatment in emergency rooms.

Yeah. I heard what altered heard.

It's about direction of travel, you know? Ten years ago I thought things were going well here. I move somewhere that is engaging in eugenics and it turns out they decide to expand that over the next ten years and suddenly it includes me, well, gee, my face will be red.

ETA: this is part of why I'm not as sold on fleeing as... Everyone else in my life. Moving means sacrificing my resources and starting over. If I need to fight anywhere I go at least here I have something to start with.

Meeting up with more friends today to discuss this though. We'll see where we wind up.
Apple Talk / Re: Brahman Fight!!!!! /throws nothing
« Last post by altered on Today at 07:23:39 am »
You have tiny assassins, I have a pair of mecha cities locked in an eternal series of wargames. It's Operation Jade Helm in the occipital lobe every day for me, except instead of bored grunts lugging dummy mortar rounds you have the blessings of absent extradimensional demon-titans whispered into the ports of autonomous mechanical weapons sent to destroy, well, any goddamn thing they can find, really.

It all gets reset to zero when we wake up from our nightly rest anyway, and if either side does achieve a victory before then it doesn't count because conditions favored solar-powered mutant cyborgs this day and the personification of oxidation and corruption the next. It's a scam, like any other power struggle.

I think they're just bored and obsessed to the point of singlemindedness. Then again we have political bullshit on the moon (the second moon) and a ratfucking sabotage back-and-forth between senile faeries who love astrophotography and hunchbacked light-worshipping vampires, so what even is the truth?

It could be the human condition is to Cause Problems On Purpose and we're manifesting it inside out, but I'm going to be real with you: I think it's because all our human fell out somewhere along the line and there's nothing you can replace that with. Now we're locked in a struggle against the void coming to core us like a fucking apple, and if peace is entropy, life must be war.

And yeah, you're absolutely right. You can't trust our kind.
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 07:01:16 am »
Seriously. I get up to weird ass sci-fi shit in my head on a regular basis, and it's not even "being creative", it's "my brain is so broken that I'm time-sharing a body with a giant roundworm anthropologist and an industrial automation robot's user agent".

Whatever you're selling, I got better.

Me, I got obsidian snakes crawling up from Chihuahua (the state, not the dog), and behind every can of haggis, tiny Toltec assassins lurk.  It's not even safe to drive to Yuma anymore.  I mean, it never was, but that was just because of mundane dangers, like methed-up gas station attendants and feral Chihuahuas (the dog, not the state). 

My head is full of one-line diagrams of Shiny New War Crimes, and even I will never make that drive again.  I got as far as Winterhaven when I was abducted and given a proper probing1.

This is why you can't trust gods or aliens.  Because they're not humans.  It boggles the mind that this has to be explained.

1 The ONE thing you can count on in this busy workaday world is that the Greys don't skimp on the probing.
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 06:56:20 am »
/reserves everything.

Hey did you all know that the limbic system - the emotional brain of the mind - is the portal to the Brahman, which is the quantum, which is God, or 'might as well be'?

And if you destroy your own limbic system, you can force the download of a kundalini backup, complete with Goddess manifestations, quantum cognitive function, and uhhhhh...other...things?  Like, cats like you extra, now?  That's the best powerup.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this if I'm just going to talk to myself again, but you know sometimes I have some great things to say so why not.

Oui, has anyone seen the Kalki's white horse laying around?  Fucking thing where is it...

I hope all of me is having a lovely evening out there.

You came to the wrong part of samsara, brother.

She's right, you know.  We exist only to knock people out of satori, in our efforts to placate the fiendish Cramulus.
« Last post by altered on Today at 06:53:42 am »
Seriously. I get up to weird ass sci-fi shit in my head on a regular basis, and it's not even "being creative", it's "my brain is so broken that I'm time-sharing a body with a giant roundworm anthropologist and an industrial automation robot's user agent".

Whatever you're selling, I got better.
« Last post by altered on Today at 06:51:54 am »
/reserves everything.

Hey did you all know that the limbic system - the emotional brain of the mind - is the portal to the Brahman, which is the quantum, which is God, or 'might as well be'?

And if you destroy your own limbic system, you can force the download of a kundalini backup, complete with Goddess manifestations, quantum cognitive function, and uhhhhh...other...things?  Like, cats like you extra, now?  That's the best powerup.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this if I'm just going to talk to myself again, but you know sometimes I have some great things to say so why not.

Oui, has anyone seen the Kalki's white horse laying around?  Fucking thing where is it...

You came to the wrong part of samsara, brother.
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 06:49:56 am »
/reserves everything.

Did you know that Cramulus always has a fish in his hand? 

He does, at all times.  It's apparently some kind of upstate New York perversion, and they're running out of trout.  The mind boggles in horror about what that means for any other creatures in range, when those spags finally use up all the fresh water fish.  What will they slake their impure lusts THEN, eh?

"Quantum cognitive function" will not be on their minds. No.  They will simply start grabbing any fauna in the area and go to town.  You can't run fast enough.  Should you be so foolish as to enter swamp yankee territory, they will find you inverted with all your bones on the outside.  Also, don't trust that Cainad character.  He's not on your side.  He's in the pay of Big Cramulus, and - while not a fish-fondler himself - does whatever Cramulus tells him.  Nobody knows why.  Perhaps he has a bomb around his neck.  Weirder things have happened.

NEW YORK IS A DEAD STATE. Run while you still have legs.
Apple Talk / Brahman Fight!!!!! /throws nothing
« Last post by The Avatar of Durga on Today at 04:35:14 am »
/reserves everything.

« Last post by altered on Yesterday at 09:29:42 pm »
Also, starting in March, if I lived in Canada I'd be on the short-list of people who they'd like to just die already.

I have 198 other sentient beings in my head, most of whom would reject the word "people" and some of whom are, oh so scary, violently antisocial. Yeah, actually properly antisocial. (They don't want to hang in meatspace, it literally isn't a problem.) I'm also autistic and have BPD, so I'll never Be Normal and/or have fulfilling relationships with people who aren't as fucking insane as me.

I'm already treated like a fucking sideshow freak by half the people I meet just as a default setting, and doctors are fucking awful to their patients often enough that I wouldn't want any of those fuckers to even be able to say The Word to me unless I could dome them on the fucking spot.

Now imagine this LGBT fascist elimination project spreads over the border (and it ABSOLUTELY can, who remembers the stupid fucking trucker caravans) and some bright spark decides to reclassify LGBT identities as mental illness and boy howdy, Canada is overnight damn near Chechnya-bad for queers.
« Last post by altered on Yesterday at 09:21:46 pm »
MAID is already, IIRC (and my memory is very bad), being suggested to people who can't meaningfully work. They can live rich and valuable lives, but they can't help produce capital, so why not die instead?

Even if I am remembering that wrong and it's not being wielded in the service of capitalist eugenics projects, the system is SET UP for it to be used as eugenics. Like I'm all for assisted suicide as a concept, but it has to be firmly a process FULLY in the control of the person who will die from it, from the beginning to the end. Right now, it's not. It's recommended to. It's signed off on.

So long as outside forces have the first OR the last say, it will always disproportionately have an impact on the people who ACTUALLY could be living well but no, fuck them, we don't want THOSE types.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10