Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
He was probably on meth.
Or Kill Me / Re: Time to switch sides
« Last post by Junkenstein on Today at 09:31:08 pm »
Oh, please, do tell me more because I know nothing of cryptocurrencies. At all.

Perhaps you have an informative youtube link or zerohedge article for us?
Literate Chaotic / Re: ITT: Original Story Ideas
« Last post by Rococo Modem Basilisk on Today at 09:29:47 pm »
An orphan discovers that he is the product of parthenogenesis and actually has no parents -- he famously appeared, as an infant, out of thin air in front of several witnesses and the truth has been kept from him his whole life.
« Last post by scorch on Today at 09:17:42 pm »
How is cryptocurrency not fiat currency?

Many have a limited supply, so they can't print more.

Counterfeiting is pretty much impossible, or very cost prohibitive at the least

My ass has a limited supply, so they can't print more.

Yet I cannot use my poop as money.  It seems unfair.

haha it does seem unfair :P

Really the only thing that gives anything value is that people agree it is valuable. This is true of Fiat, Gold, Diamonds, Bitcoin, etc.

Or, you know, actual value. For example potable water on an island is very valuable. You can choose not to agree, but only one of us will die of dehydration.

"Value" is very situational and can change very quickly with an event or two. Yet paradoxically, Bitcoin will always remain worthless.

I hear ya, but I don't think so. The bitcoin market (BTC) broke $100 billion last week, that is more than many large banks. Are banks valuable?

I agree "value" in the sense of "sustaining life" will always be valuable (at least to living creatures). But I do hope you will agree there is more than one kind of value.

I remember discussing "value" with this dude on a plane. He got on about precious metals and how there are limited amounts, and how they can be used to make things like circuit boards, and how other materials are really better (e.g. gold conducts better than copper), etc. But the thing is, even there, this is a big universe, we will find more of it and mine it. With bitcoin, 21 million is the limit, so theoretically, value can only go up over time (sort of like Berkshire Hathaway).

Here is an article I am working my way through now, this article is good to show someone who "doesn't get cryptocurrency":

https://nextshark.com/ben-yu-cryptocurrency-101/
« Last post by scorch on Today at 09:12:34 pm »
Back on topic, I jut realized Cain created this in 2008 lol

It was pinned so I thought it was at the top, being a newer post, woops.

I came back here looking for folks like Bella, Acoge and TGGR.

I forgot about Faust and Cain, and it is nice to see at least Faust still around.

My site died long ago, and I mainly use Facebook now if I want to talk politics. I like that on Facebook the people I talk to are people I know, using real names/pictures, as I feel they are usually more genuine. But lately, I have been missing some of the old forums like these, so I have been looking around to see what is still out there.

Bella discovered pot, IIRC, nbbody's seen Acoge in 6 years or more, and TGRR died of arrogance and we pushed him into a rubbish tip.  He was a cunt, and nobody here misses him.  He still owed me like $50 when he died, so I'm stealing the asshole's headstone.

Good for Bella.

Yea, I've tried emailing Acoge but never heard back (using the email he had at my site).

Not surprised with TGGR. He had some insight at times, but he was a serious misanthrope.

The only other guy I've tried to track down is "Grey archer" but was from another forum, and I have failed.

I did track down "Clara Listensprechen", and have her on my Facebook.
Principia Discussion / Re: I'm new, sad, angry and bring a warning.
« Last post by PoFP on Today at 08:29:01 pm »
Wait, people actually read the PD? Like, the words and stuff?

I always just drank a bottle of Benadryl and freaked the fuck out over the pictures.
Bring and Brag / Re: P3nT's Shoops
« Last post by P3nT4gR4m on Today at 07:36:20 pm »
Literate Chaotic / Re: Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?
« Last post by Cainad (dec.) on Today at 05:29:33 pm »
Khellus grasped the Gnosis, literally a knowing of the Divine. He assumed it could all fall within the scope of the Logos, that the Dunyain were not fundamentally wrong about Cause and Effect, merely lacking the necessary knowledge to grasp it in totality. He worked on the assumption that the Outside could be manipulated by intellect, the same way that the World could be. That the Outside could be made to “walk Conditioned ground,” as they say. But I think that in gaining the perspective of the Gods, he gained their very same blindness: he couldn’t perceive the No-God.

Up until the end I had assumed that Kelmomas and his dickery was the work of Ajokli. Oops.

I read the first book back in high school, I think the same year it was published. 2005-ish? I’m 27 now. R.S. Bakker is a sonovabitch and I think I love him.
Abstaining from violence is actually quite hard. You can say you don't want to hurt anybody and try to navigate into realities where you don't need to but violence still exist within you. As long as there's even a chance you could be manipulated into bloodthirsty mongrel, saying you are pacifist is essentially lying. Truly being pacifist requires you to acquire quadriplegia and still you can be running people over with your out of control wheelchair.

I'd rather say "I don't want to hurt you" to people than "I don't want to hurt anybody". It's a bit more personal so they might drop me some leftovers.
“Man arrested after cops mistook doughnut glaze for meth gets $37,500 from Orlando”

The City of Orlando paid $37,500 to a man to settle a lawsuit after police officers arrested him for what they thought was meth but was actually tiny flakes of glaze from a Krispy Kreme doughnut.

Daniel Rushing sued the city after a field test incorrectly showed he had drugs and he was arrested and taken to jail.

Here’s the link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-krispy-kreme-glaze-orlando-police-20171012-story.html

I’m surprised Mr. Rushing settled for so little.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10