News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Recent posts

Bring and Brag / Re: Favorite Sentences Megathr...
Last post by Brother Mythos - Yesterday at 06:26:29 PM
"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself."

- Attributed to Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propagandist, without definitive authentication. 

However, this 'philosophy' has been wholeheartedly adopted by a major political movement within the US of A.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: The Republicult™ On Parade
Last post by Brother Mythos - June 21, 2024, 09:18:25 PM
"Louisiana Obliterates Separation of Church and State With Wild New Law"

"The Bayou State just got one step closer to Christian nationalism."

As per this article:

"Louisiana Governor Jeff Landry signed a law Wednesday mandating that the Ten Commandments be displayed in every public school classroom, in a startlingly clear demonstration of the blurring lines between church and state.

According to the legislation, the commandments displays would be paid for through donations, not through state funds. The law also authorizes classrooms to put up the Mayflower Compact, the Declaration of Independence, and the Northwest Ordinance—but it does not require those documents to be displayed.

The law describes the Ten Commandments not as the religious edict that they plainly are, but as "foundational documents of our state and national government.""

Here's the link:   A Win for Christian Nationalism

Everyday, it gets harder and harder for me to believe the calendar says we're well into the 21st century. But then, it is the relatively new, heathen calendar. It's the Year of Our Lady of Discord 3190 for some of us, and that does make me feel a little better about the situation.

So, Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
Aneristic Illusions / Re: Civilian Gun Violence in '...
Last post by Brother Mythos - June 20, 2024, 11:54:31 PM
I have never fired a rifle equipped with a bump stock. But, it is my understanding that bump stocks severely reduce the accuracy of such a rifle. So, that make a rifle equipped with a bump stock unsuitable for target shooting. In any case, automatic, and even semi-automatic rifles can not be legally used for hunting game in, at least, my state. (There used to be an exception allowing handicapped hunters to semi-automatic rifles, and that exception may still exist.)

So, what is a rifle equipped with a bump stock actually good for? Well, as has already been well proven, it's a great choice for an indiscriminate mass shooter.

"Republicans block bill to outlaw bump stocks for rifles after Supreme Court lifts Trump-era ban"

As per this article:

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Senate Republicans blocked bipartisan legislation Tuesday that would have outlawed bump stocks after the Supreme Court struck down a ban on the rapid-fire gun accessory used in the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history.

Democrats tried to force a voice vote on the bill to ban bump stocks, a tactic often used by both parties when they know that they don't have the votes to pass legislation but want to bring an issue to the Senate floor. The bill, sponsored by Sens. Martin Heinrich, D-N.M., and Susan Collins, R-Maine, would ban the sale of the devices, similar to the rule issued by President Donald Trump's administration after a gunman in Las Vegas attacked a country music festival in 2017 with semiautomatic rifles equipped with the accessories."

And, as per further along in this article:

"Nebraska Sen. Pete Ricketts objected for Republicans, blocking an immediate vote on the bill. He called the legislation a "gun grabbing overreach" that could be interpreted to include other gun accessories beyond bump stocks."

Here's this link:   Republicult™ Blocks Bill Outlawing Bump Stocks

As surviving a mass shooting, as well as initiating one, is becoming something a 'rite of passage' in the US of A, the Republicult™ is certainly doing its part to make sure it actually becomes another 'Merican tradition.
 :lulz:

That was beautiful.

My employer launched an internal-use AI chat bot, to some fanfare.  In practice, it just repeats email sent from the IT department's ticket system, and fails miserably as a search engine.  ELIZA was smarter.

A co-worker, as an experiment, decided to use the chat-bot to accomplish one of the example tasks it was supposed to be able to help with:  Request a new mouse from IT.

There was confusion, and hilarity, and an point when he was told his mouse was ready for pickup at the head office on the other side of the country.  He finally got his mouse over a month later. :p
Aneristic Illusions / Re: More Merch for the Mesmeri...
Last post by Brother Mythos - June 19, 2024, 09:24:05 PM
Here's an item that all truly hardcore MAGAts are sure to want to proudly own and wear:

Here's the link:   The 'I'M VOTING FOR THE CONVICTED FELON' T-Shirt
Only Maybe Arts Lab / Re: WEIRDOVERSE
Last post by Brother Mythos - June 18, 2024, 07:21:16 PM
Quote from: Bobby Campbell on June 16, 2024, 03:21:13 PM

After having been force fed Finnegans Wake years ago, I couldn't take James Joyce seriously. But, after watching your tribute, and knowing that RAW counted Ulysses among the 'Great Books,' I'm going to have to give James Joyce another try.
Literate Chaotic / Re: Five word horror
Last post by Brother Mythos - June 18, 2024, 02:30:26 PM
Literate Chaotic / Re: Quantum Joke - Russian-lan...
Last post by altered - June 18, 2024, 03:41:12 AM
I get you. I'm at least theoretically Jewish, and with the events right now in Israel...

Yeah, I get you.
Quote from: altered on June 17, 2024, 12:42:21 PMThat whole second point was oafish.

Yeah, it kinda was.  Bordering on racist, even.  Truth is, I have russian ancestry, and a russian last name, and I have this lurking paranoia that someone's going to take me to task over the war because of it.

Doubting everything russian, as irrational as it is, seems to be one way I'm trying to distance myself, to prove to myself that I'm not like them.

A therapist would probably have a lot of fun with the above.