News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Recent posts

Aneristic Illusions / Re: Good article that details ...
Last post by chaotic neutral observer - September 18, 2024, 04:11:49 AM
Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on March 14, 2023, 10:37:13 PMI've been watching cryptocurrency for the last couple years, doing a bit of research, and I've frankly fallen in love with it.

But time rolled on, and after a while hanging out with various crypto-currency-skeptic communities, I finally became tired of it.  I'd learned what I could, and crucified my share of True Believers, but I wasn't having a good time anymore.  The pattern was just repeating with minor variations.

And then I disconnected from those skeptic groups, and cryptocurrency abruptly vanished from my radar.  Unexpectedly, it had far less of a share of the public consciousness than even I believed.  Months go by without encountering even a mention of it.  I have no idea if bitcoin's price is $10, or $10 million.  It doesn't matter.

First I ignore you, then I laugh at you, then you lose, and I go back to ignoring you again.
Aneristic Illusions / The Resistance Is Growing in N...
Last post by Brother Mythos - September 14, 2024, 03:01:36 PM
Resistance may come from where it's least expected.

An Unexpected Resistance Partisan
Aneristic Illusions / Re: President Biden Drops Out ...
Last post by Mandelbrot Slapper - September 14, 2024, 01:36:24 PM
Quote from: Brother Mythos on August 12, 2024, 05:10:29 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on August 12, 2024, 01:03:37 AMThere is no viable anti-genocide presidential candidate. Vote harm reduction for prez, lobby your senator and congresscritter, and engage in direct action when and where you are able to make opportunities. It's not either or.

I agree with the above assessment of our current situation.

TSF and his Republicult™ are an existential threat to democracy, and our republic.

Kamala Harris is not an existential threat to either democracy, or our republic. And, Kamala Harris may, or may not, continue our government's decades old policy of unconditional support for the government of Israel.

So, please do follow Q. G. Pennyworth's advice.

There is a viable anti genocide candidate. It's Jill Stein. But no one will vote for her because apparently Seppos are fond of self fulfilling prophecies. So they say "She can't possibly win" & ensure they're correct by not voting third party ever.

Btw: Jill Stein is Jewish but she's now not being defamed as an anti-vaxxer for saying maybe jailing parents who don't want tbheir kids vaccinated is a bad idea. No, now she's a "self-hating Jew."

Which is apparently the fashionable way to describe anyone who heeded Marek Edelman's words when he wa asked why he did not emigrate ot Israel after having led the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, survived a concentration camp & retirned to Poland to oppose the Soviets.

"To be a Jew means to always be on the side of the oppressed & not the oppressors."

https://www.instagram.com/drjillstein/reel/C6ocmwMt6KE/?hl=en
Sally:  "I admit I am curious, just how much would something like this go for with DARPA?"

Me:  "Not telling you."

Sally:  "Why the hell not?"

Me:  "Because if I do, by this time next year you will be calculating deaths per kilogram of RDX."

Sally:  "I will not!  I'm just curious."

Me:  *stares for 2 seconds too long*.

Sally:  *Stares back in boss*

Me:  "Why this is hell, nor am I out of it"

Sally:  "I actually caught that reference."

Me:  "We're going to do great things."
Aneristic Illusions / Re: President Biden Drops Out ...
Last post by Brother Mythos - September 11, 2024, 08:08:10 PM
I phoned Uncle François this morning, and gave him my weekly political report from 'Merica. He, of course, had already seen the glowing reviews in the French media about Kamala Harris's debate performance.

Uncle François, in turn, reported back that the French media sees Kamala Harris as being both presidential, and positive about our future under her leadership.
Two vast and trunkless legs of stone / Re: Suu demands to know what y...
Last post by Cain - September 11, 2024, 01:05:35 PM
I can't help it, but it's this on loop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG2EP0giuLo
So I spent some time talking to the executive director today.  For the purposes of this story, we'll call her Sally.  Which is not her real name.

Sally:  "I saw you at lunch. You were jamming out on something in your ear pods and drawing what looked like our machine.  I just wanted to let you know that we don't allow people to work through their lunch hours.  That's your time."

Me:  "While I appreciate that change from my usual experience, I wasn't actually working.  I was indulging myself while listening to Icona Pop's 'We love it' on infinite repeat."

Sally (NOT her real name, stop saying that):  "Okay, so what were you doing?"

Me:  "Well, I figured that if we could rescue people with this robot, we could probably also do other things with it.

Sally:  "Like what?"

Me:  "Well, if your enemy is in a bunker, you could use this.  Locate the voids, drill in, and then flood the place with nitrogen."

Sally:  *Horrified expression*

Me:  "Yeah, I'm not okay."

Sally:  "umm...What was that bit about 'Icona Pop,' then?"

Me:  "Well, they took something good and made something horrible out of it, so they are an inspiration.  I mean, the whole idea started when I wondered that if we didn't like the person we were rescuing, we could have the coms module serenade them with old episodes of the Lawrence Welk Show."

Sally:  "Who is that?"

Me:  "It's what we old bastards had to listen to before music was invented."

Sally:  "Fine.  I just need you to know that we build machines that HELP people."

Me:  "Sure, sure, I was just indulging my hobby on my time, as you say.  I knew you really didn't want a taste of that sweet, sweet DARPA money.  It's filthy stuff and it comes in huge, indigestible chunks."

Sally: "Um."

Me:  "No, Sally, stick to your principles.  There's nothing there but mountains of bloody lucre."

Sally:  "You should get out of my office now.  This is the weirdest conversation I have ever had in my life."

Me:  "This is all normal, Sally."
Aneristic Illusions / Re: No, It's Not an Article On...
Last post by Brother Mythos - September 07, 2024, 04:45:32 AM
"Spinal Tap Is Latest Group To Forbid Trump From Using Its Music"

"Harry Shearer, who plays bassist Derek Smalls in the fictional heavy metal band, posted a demand that the former president not play its song "Sex Farm.""

Here's the link:   Spinal Tap Forbids Play on TSF's Bandwagon

I love it!
Discordian Recipes / Summer Twilight cocktail (name...
Last post by chaotic neutral observer - September 06, 2024, 05:31:44 AM
An adaptation of "Between the Sheets".

1 oz. Cointreau
1 oz. brandy (St. Remy VSOP)
1/2 oz. dark rum (Gosling's Black Seal)
1/2 oz. Dry Curaçao
1/4 oz. fresh lemon juice

Stir with ice cubes and strain.
Quote from: Faust on September 04, 2024, 11:08:20 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 04, 2024, 06:03:02 PM3.  Rotate augur back into position, drill through manikin, and continue to the next void.

I nearly blacked out laughing at this,  this story has a silver lining though, for me the scariest thing about the thought of being trapped in a cave or buried alive was slow dehydration or suffocating. Now it's the fresh he'll of the dark hentai monster seeking out out, that can rape, kill and finally/optionally rape you again.

Relax.  Help is on the way.   :lulz: